• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns A sniper's "best" side-arm/weapon.

The_New_Sniper

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2014
NJ
What type of side-arm/weapon do you think a sniper would use?

This is just a trivial thread, not a serious thread. I just want you guys to imagine a sniper's best sidearm.

I would think that it would be a MK23, heavy and extremely accurate with 12 rounds of .45/suppressible. It's great at 50-75 yards, which is pretty nice as a side arm. I heard navy seals used them as primary weapons ("crew served pistol" ha). Unreasonably heavy though, weighing at 5 pounds with a suppressor and LAM, might be better to stick with an automatic sub-gun.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Are you writing a book? Are you a member of the Media?

No man, I just wanna know what people think about a good sidearm for a sniper. I understand this thread comes off pretty weirdly, but I'm just kinda curious, you have a problem?

No man, I just wanna know what people think about a good sidearm for a sniper. I understand this thread comes off pretty weirdly, but I'm just kinda curious, you have a problem?

Someone who elects a nickname like the one you have is going to get more than a bit of scrutiny and maybe even questions about your background and credentials. Think about it.

Oh, and yes, I want the popcorn concession on this thread.

Can't believe I actually did not think of the mp7, light armor penetration + reliability + light weight. I'm pretty sure they come with a hefty premium though.

Actually... because they are only available to government agencies / Allied Military they are quite reasonable in price when gotten on purchase contracts.

My guess would be a Jennings model 25... customized and upgraded to .50gi. I am more than sure that the ammo is some sort of black (off the book) ammo. Reverse engineered from crashed alien space crafts. You take a photo of the battle field with your I phone identify the targets plug it into your Jennings 25 and pull the trigger. The bullet uses facial recognition technology to identify the targets and hunt them down. One shot can take out at least 10 guys. The alien technology actually allows the bullet to stop mid air and wait for the target to appear it hovers there just waiting. I know because I have one under my bead

Someone who elects a nickname like the one you have is going to get more than a bit of scrutiny and maybe even questions about your background and credentials. Think about it.

I picked new instead of newbie. Maybe using the word sniper was obviously a stupid idea...considering the amount of "mall ninja" feel to it. I agree with your point, next time I won't think of a bullcrap stupid name.

sorry I had to this post and the guys screen name tells me that may be he is trying to put together some sort of military accurate sniper kit so that he can tell every one he was a scout sniper or something if I'm wrong I'm sorry

I picked new instead of newbie. Maybe using the word sniper was obviously a stupid idea...considering the amount of "mall ninja" feel to it. I agree with your point, next time I won't think of a bullcrap stupid name.

But I find it offensive that you would want to find the "popcorn concession stand", you seem to be saying that I want to stir up drama. I'm the complete opposite. Read my opening post, I clearly stated that this is a trivial thread, I'm not looking to become some super tactic00l 0p3rat0r. Please acknowledge that.

Note pad with #2 pencil.

A DOPE would definitely be good for a sniper, noting down everything, making calculations and range.

But I find it offensive that you would want to find the "popcorn concession stand", you seem to be saying that I want to stir up drama.

Threads like this always mean popcorn, whatever the OP's intentions. That reminds me. I gotta run to BJ's for some penny candy. Sounds like tasstes are changing!

you asked for trivial and almost everyone is being trivial, what are you whining about?

What type of side-arm/weapon do you think a sniper would use?

This is just a trivial thread, not a serious thread. I just want you guys to imagine a sniper's best sidearm.

I would think that it would be a MK23, heavy and extremely accurate with 12 rounds of .45/suppressible. It's great at 50-75 yards, which is pretty nice as a side arm. I heard navy seals used them as primary weapons ("crew served pistol" ha). Unreasonably heavy though, weighing at 5 pounds with a suppressor and LAM, might be better to stick with an automatic sub-gun.

What do you guys think?

This is freakin' epic. Let's recap:

-SEALs (check)
-The "offensive" Mk23 pistol (check)
-70 yard pistol shots (check)
-Gratuitous use of "sniper" (check).....BONUS: "Sniper" in username
-Unobtainium MP7 (check)
-Poor use of nomenclature (check)

With all the HK references, I am a little disappointed the PSG-1 wasn't brought up.

9HXVcXh.jpg

Veer, I pride myself on being able to quickly procure many a .gif, image, or youtube video to perfectly illustrate my exact thoughts or feelings. But for some reason, I am very curious as to what you had to type into your search bar for such a picture. Either that, or you own it which raises more questions.

Veer, I pride myself on being able to quickly procure many a .gif, image, or youtube video to perfectly illustrate my exact thoughts or feelings. But for some reason, I am very curious as to what you had to type into your search bar for such a picture. Either that, or you own it which raises more questions.

Nothing more sinister than "merry go round" on imgur.com. It really does pin the tail on the donkey, doesn't it?

I think the most important kit in a snipers bag is a prison purse full of tenga eggs, a liberator wedge, astroglide, daisy chained anal beads, early warning buttplug, global positioning dildo, a tangent theta and a hipoint

This is freakin' epic. Let's recap:

-SEALs (check)
-The "offensive" Mk23 pistol (check)
-70 yard pistol shots (check)
-Gratuitous use of "sniper" (check).....BONUS: "Sniper" in username
-Unobtainium MP7 (check)
-Poor use of nomenclature (check)

With all the HK references, I am a little disappointed the PSG-1 wasn't brought up.

I need to find these other posts.

"I said good day!"

Remember Don, my asking of this exact question is what got the "Whose Country has the best Snipers" thread going the way it did :D

ETA: Am I reading my search results wrong? OP, did you really start FOUR new threads on your first day? Congrats if you did.

I'm trying to NOT be a dick, because I've resurrected my photography addiction, amazingly thanks to the Hide and picking up a new camera off the for sale board. The ways this site can cost me money never ceases to amaze. I'm a total phot-tard with the desire but not the knowledge, so I totally understand wanting to ask all the questions at once. Fortunately, THIS forum has taught me to READ and search and READ some more before I start a thread, so I'm not bombarding the photo forums with "what lens is best" threads. I'm instead sending PMs to Hide members asking those stupid questions. :)
Anyway bro, some advice if you plan to stick around: change your username and do some reading. Again, not being a dick, just some advice from someone that's where you are with another hobby. You'll be amazed what you'll find by doing the research yourself.

Cheers, and welcome to the Hide.

Last edited:
nice to see you back AJ.

NICE!

Allow me to revise my previous congrats for 4 new threads his first day, it was 3 new threads in the first 15 mins, before "giving it a while" and starting the 4th one an hour later. I bow before greatness.

NICE!

Allow me to revise my previous congrats for 4 new threads his first day, it was 3 new threads in the first 15 mins, before "giving it a while" and starting the 4th one an hour later. I bow before greatness.

You can't fix stupid.......but you sure can make fun of it! who's got some popcorn?

Extra Large soaked in a barrel of that liquid cholesterol that only a theater could get away with calling "butter".

As I said, trying NOT to be a dick to a new member, and going through the 4 new threads, he came out wild and crazy with the first 3, but settled down on #4 with a "Atlas vs Harris" thread which obviously isn't original, but at least is legit. THIS one cover the "original" category amongst his entries. If we could just combine this one, the "Sniper Jagon" and the "Whose has the best snipers" threads, we'd have the trifecta all in one spot.

VMybsYN.gif

Conan is gonna be on time-and-a-half at this rate ...

Remember Don, my asking of this exact question is what got the "Whose Country has the best Snipers" thread going the way it did :D

ETA: Am I reading my search results wrong? OP, did you really start FOUR new threads on your first day? Congrats if you did.

I'm trying to NOT be a dick, because I've resurrected my photography addiction, amazingly thanks to the Hide and picking up a new camera off the for sale board. The ways this site can cost me money never ceases to amaze. I'm a total phot-tard with the desire but not the knowledge, so I totally understand wanting to ask all the questions at once. Fortunately, THIS forum has taught me to READ and search and READ some more before I start a thread, so I'm not bombarding the photo forums with "what lens is best" threads. I'm instead sending PMs to Hide members asking those stupid questions. :)
Anyway bro, some advice if you plan to stick around: change your username and do some reading. Again, not being a dick, just some advice from someone that's where you are with another hobby. You'll be amazed what you'll find by doing the research yourself.

Cheers, and welcome to the Hide.

THIS is the single most truthful reply I have ever seen on the 'Hide. BEFORE you post you read, then you read, then you read some more.

When I'm feeling "snipery" behind my desk over here at the Pentagon I carry an OfficeMax Economy rubber band with 7" x 1/8" barrel, and load it with OfficeMax Jumbo non-skid paperclips. My usual maximum effective range is 27' which coincidentally happens to be the distance to my buddies desk. However, if I am not too careful and dial in too much elevation I can easly land one on the LtCol sitting behind him, thus ending all fun for the day.

Ain't war hell.

Best side arm? The one that remains in the holster because you did your job to get to your hide, remain hidden and return without being observed. Not observed - no need for side arm.

My $.02

-G45

no need for side arm.

Not true.

I was in several places where you had to have a weapon with you all the time (South East Asia).

Let me assure you its a lot easier to go through a chow line with a 1911a1 then an M-60.

A little side note, or war story if you will.

My wife was deployed at the first of the Iraq war. She was headquarters in Camp Doha, working for C-2. Since Vietnam was my only experience with war, I was highly concerned about the conditions so I decided to go stay with her.

When she picked my up at the Kuwait Airport, I didn't see a weapon. I asked, "arnt you suppose to have a weapon anytime your off post" she says "yes" and points out a squirt gun laying on the dash. "Guns is Guns"

I asked, "arnt you suppose to have a weapon anytime your off post" she says "yes" and points out a squirt gun laying on the dash. "Guns is Guns"

There you go, OP, you boy wonder, you, we got you all sorted out.

fE1VhMK.jpg

Be happy.

the proper snipers uses a RED laser gun. NOT green or blue or yellow. RED.

If you have to use your sidearm as a Sniper, and you're not playing call of duty, then you're pretty much up shit creek with a stick for a paddle. Pretty much any high cap 9mm would get the job done. Lighter is better, my LRS kit is stupid heavy. If I wasn't tied down to the M9, I'd prefer a CZP09 carried in a high riding drop leg holster.

New Sniper, don't go wasting money on an MP7 or some tactical hi capacity 9mm like these other jacklegs. That Tokyo Marui on your hip is all you need, friend. Stay frosty.
Six-Niner out.

I'm surprised that no one has offered:

The one you brung.

(That is the way I heard it; "The pistol you have with you" is the more erudite way of saying the same damned thing, but I like the original)