• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A source for the Alexander Arms SC Upper?

sable

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Texas
I want to build a 6.5 Grendel upper, and a friend of mine was showing me one he built on a side charging billet upper. I fell in love with it, and want to use a similar one for my build. I found the Alexander Arms billet side charging upper and this looks like a good choice for building a Grendel on, problem is i cant find one. Is there a source online without a 6 month wait?

Eye candy, and the website:
http://www.alexanderarms.com/item/19/80/BilletUpperKit.htm

Re: A source for the Alexander Arms SC Upper?

the AA side charger billet upper is made by Mega. John over at rainier arms. has them in stock. But they don't have M4 feed ramps.

Do i need M4 ramps? Ill be most likely using it with a 20" stainless barrel.

Id rather the AA branded version because it comes with the bolt carrier and handle. Id have to order it separately if i go through Rainier.

Why not call up Bill Aexander and have him build you one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not call up Bill Aexander and have him build you one? </div></div>

I keep hearing there will be a six month wait. Is this true? If not, i can just order one from AA's website.

Call Bill and ask him, thats all i can tell you. Worst he can say is its gonna be 6 months.

True. Does AA make the bolt carriers in the upper receiver sets?

aa doesn't make the recievers or the carriers, the recievers are by MEGA and the carriers are young mfg.

Alexander Arms is now having a sale to celebrate their new website. Lots of uppers and so on on reduced prices. I would most certainly call them and ask. Asking doesn't cost anything, and won't hurt your chances of buying elsewhere if Alexander doesn't give you the answer you want.

You don't have anything to loose..OK, a phone call, but that isn't a big deal...

there other side-chargers being made--I'm sure someone can give
u the specific brands to ck out--I have seen at least 3 besides AA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there other side-chargers being made--I'm sure someone can give
u the specific brands to ck out--I have seen at least 3 besides AA </div></div>

One fo them is LAR Grizzly they make it with either a right side left side or ambi charging handle.

http://www.largrizzly.com/web/guest/ops-4-uppers

I just finished building one of the mega machine side charging uppers on my 6.5 grendel. the m4 feed ramps are not needed. the barrel extension that i got has them but it does not interfear with it at all. only problem i am having is i am using the adams arms piston conversion and need to get the new carreier drilled for the side charging handle.