• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater A-team...

benchmstr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
CEO Team waffle house
....funny as hell..i really enjoyed it, and will see it again...

dont expect the movie to be accurate...remember, its just a movie...

bench

Re: A-team...

Agreed on the accuracy of everything. I just loved the weapons they featured in it, they all seemed to have 100 round mags that looked like 30 round mags... hmmm.... haha. Liked the military overtone, no matter the inaccuracies, I guess I'm a sucker for that anyways.

Overall good entertainment, i'd recommend it.

I like the cameo at the end with the original Face and Murdock. Hope you guys stuck around to watch that.

Great dialogue and humor! Can't wait to get it on blueray.

My personal favorite part is the movie near the end with the HMMWV coming into the way.. Damn good 3d lol

Does anybody get killed in the movie. I remember watching the show, 20,000 rounds fired, 50 explosions and not one fatal injury.

I was expecting a bust from this one but it was actually a good flick...worth the time and money.

Went to see it at the Alamo drafthouse last night. Loved how they showed all the old clips from the original before the show. You knew the movie was going to be good from the opening scene with the dogs where he fads into the dark. A truly badass movie with great humor. Hope they make another one.

I went alone so I could enjoy the movie without being questioned during the movie about who is that, why is he in the movie, and where is Mr.T.

Loved the movie.

Just got back from this. It was fantastic. Much better than I expected.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXMud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went to see it at the Alamo drafthouse last night. Loved how they showed all the old clips from the original before the show. You knew the movie was going to be good from the opening scene with the dogs where he fads into the dark. A truly badass movie with great humor. Hope they make another one. </div></div>

Man, I miss Austin and I especially miss the Alamo Drafthouses. Beer/food with a movie would make me get off my butt to catch The A-team for sure! Haha.

I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I hear it's not making as much money as they were expecting and not to hold out hopes for a sequal.

That's a damn shame.

It was allright my wife rolled her eyes through the whole movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I hear it's not making as much money as they were expecting and not to hold out hopes for a sequal.

That's a damn shame. </div></div>

A sequel would fit right in to the end of this one. I was told by my father, who isn't much into movies at all that this was worth seeing in a theater. So when that kind of guy recommends a movie it HAS to be good. It was great, but especially in the beginning with the perfect replica van and even Hannibal wielding a mini-14 just like the old show. I was pleased to see that South African actor Sharlto Copley as Murdock. We was great in District 9. Patrick Wilson plays the corrupt CIA agent. He's great in his role and everything is "awesome", a funny character. I just saw him in Lakeveiw Terrace, and decided I liked him.

I liked the scene towards the end with the contractor: "Not a silencer,, suppressor. no counter clockwise.. Really how is this guy around still handling guns like that? Last request PLEASE dont let this guy shoot me!"

good comedy and one liners through out.

I thought it made the military look bad. Just imagine a couple of enlisted guys stupid enough to throw away their professional reputations by allowing escaped convicts to steal a cargo plane, use it to wreck a group of fighters and then destroy the plane and cargo.

No way a cargo crane can move shipping containers that fast without lots of swinging around. A shipping port with zero security?

Imagine a tank falling at high speed into a lake that is deep enough to keep it from sticking in the mud or breaking up. No tank has enough snorkel to start the engine. Yeah it was just a movie, but I was rolling my eyes too much to really enjoy it too.

Ranb

Ranb...did you never watch any of the popular shows from the 80s?
They did a good job keeping things ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that was the point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it made the military look bad. Just imagine a couple of enlisted guys stupid enough to throw away their professional reputations by allowing escaped convicts to steal a cargo plane, use it to wreck a group of fighters and then destroy the plane and cargo.

No way a cargo crane can move shipping containers that fast without lots of swinging around. A shipping port with zero security?

Imagine a tank falling at high speed into a lake that is deep enough to keep it from sticking in the mud or breaking up. No tank has enough snorkel to start the engine. Yeah it was just a movie, but I was rolling my eyes too much to really enjoy it too.

Ranb </div></div>
man, people like you take the fun out of living....let me guess, you believe in god though?

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShareTheToys</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXMud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went to see it at the Alamo drafthouse last night. Loved how they showed all the old clips from the original before the show. You knew the movie was going to be good from the opening scene with the dogs where he fads into the dark. A truly badass movie with great humor. Hope they make another one. </div></div>

Man, I miss Austin and I especially miss the Alamo Drafthouses. Beer/food with a movie would make me get off my butt to catch The A-team for sure! Haha.</div></div> we have an alamo right here in town!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShareTheToys</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXMud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went to see it at the Alamo drafthouse last night. Loved how they showed all the old clips from the original before the show. You knew the movie was going to be good from the opening scene with the dogs where he fads into the dark. A truly badass movie with great humor. Hope they make another one. </div></div>

Man, I miss Austin and I especially miss the Alamo Drafthouses. Beer/food with a movie would make me get off my butt to catch The A-team for sure! Haha.</div></div> we have an alamo right here in town!</div></div>

Didn't know that they had them up north. I've tried to tell my uncle he needs to start his own back home. They also show alot of crazy hippie stuff too so I think thats part of the reason their successful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it made the military look bad. Just imagine a couple of enlisted guys stupid enough to throw away their professional reputations by allowing escaped convicts to steal a cargo plane, use it to wreck a group of fighters and then destroy the plane and cargo.

Ranb</div></div>

I seriously doubt the producers expect the audience to believe that all that was possible. I went expecting to be entertained and the movie didn't disappoint...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ranb...did you never watch any of the popular shows from the 80s?
They did a good job keeping things ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that was the point. </div></div>

I was 20 when it first aired. I did enjoy Johnny Quest when I was a kid though. I thought MASH and Star Trek were decent as I got older but I never was much of a TV and video game fanatic.

Ranb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr[/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
man, people like you take the fun out of living....let me guess, you believe in god though?
</div></div>

Haha. Nope, I'm an athiest.

Ranb

How was Rampage Jackson? He seems like he has a natural "Knack" for being funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hodds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody get killed in the movie. I remember watching the show, 20,000 rounds fired, 50 explosions and not one fatal injury. </div></div>

That was the best part about the tv series, they would dispense 1k rounds and hit nothing but a 50 gallon drum of fuel, NO casualties.

Kirk R

havent seen it yet been kinda chagrin aboot all thes remakes of awesome originals and how they generaly fall way short in the translation to new actors and green screen effects vs oldschool acting and awesomanity. dont enjoy the heresy of crapping on the classics.
has hollywood just completely run out of fresh scripts for original movies?

A-Team was cute and all. A decent action flick, but there were too many "coincidences" for my taste. So if you like that kind of plot, you'll love it. Otherwise just sit back and enjoy the explosions.

Seriously who cares how far fetched it was...its entertaining...an HELLO it is the ateam. The infamous fire for effect build a tank from a chevette, propane bottle, pipe and milk jugs. The ever present mini 14 with the O hit ratio unless your an aforementioned fuel drum.
I loved the flick was suprised it was decent. Quite funny and entertaining, Murdock is still my fav.

It was great, just like the show. Completely cheesy and ridiculous but so was the show!!!

got it on DVD today, freakin top notch, I expected it to be a total hack job like GI Joe was but it was done well.

Nice mix of action and comedy. Really nice movie. Will watch again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retoocs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the cameo at the end with the original Face and Murdock. Hope you guys stuck around to watch that. </div></div>

Shit! I missed Murdock! Saw Dirk Benedict, though.