• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes A USO question

Mschloss

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
US
Anyone have a pic of an OD green USO on top of a Tac-ops rifle. The mixture of greens might not work for me but I'd like to see. Thanks in advance.

Re: A USO question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mschloss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have a pic of an OD green USO on top of a Tac-ops rifle. The mixture of greens might not work for me but I'd like to see. Thanks in advance. </div></div>
I don't have any photos - I've only seen one (1) Tac Ops rifle in person that had an OD Green USO on mounted. You should also consider that Tac Ops weapons are available in two (2) different Green-T formulations (the now-proprietary <span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops OD"</span>) Green-T as well as the newer formulation (<span style="font-style: italic">"Naval Special Warfare"</span>) Green-T. The "color" of these formulations can also vary, as can the color of USO's OD Green anodizing.

Keith

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm going nuts trying to decide on an optic. I have plenty of time to enjoy being unsure. I am really set up for MOA/MOA and am trying to pick between a USO (made just like I want), or PR with MOA/MOA.

Did the color scheme seem to work on that rifle?

Matt

If you want to make sure they match, then get the scope and send it to Tac-Ops to have them both coated at the same time.

I've been pondering this very same question. Tac Ops rifles are two tone (OD & blk) so I've just decided to keep it simple and go blk. I'd love to see an OD USO on a Tac Ops rifle but, sight unseen, I can't do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mschloss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks so much for the reply. I'm going nuts trying to decide on an optic. I have plenty of time to enjoy being unsure. I am really set up for MOA/MOA and am trying to pick between a USO (made just like I want), or PR with MOA/MOA.</div></div>
Just to throw it out there, the S & B now offers a MOA-based version of the P4F, so PMIIs' are finally available in matching MOA/MOA configuration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mschloss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did the color scheme seem to work on that rifle?

Matt </div></div>
It looked OK, but I think basic Black looks better and is more "versatile" because black goes with just about anything (unless, of course - the rifle has been coated/camoflaged in colors or a pattern that doesn't match the solid Black). The Green-T & Black-T Rings against a Black Scope always look good, where as Green-T & Black-T or Black-T and Green-T rings against an OD anodized scope can "clash".

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops X-Ray 51 in "Tac Ops OD" with PMII 5-25X 0.1 MIL Gen 2 XR CCW, Tac Ops 40 MOA Two-Piece Base, & Leupold Mark 4 High Rings:</span></span>
X-Ray51BT28RSProfileFF18x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does my handbag match these pumps??? </div></div>

I agree I think someone needs to lose his man card over this one.
wink.gif

I'm actually sitting here laughing my ass off. I guess I better lose this forum name and start a new one!