• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes A word on Vortex Warranty

Rprecision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2011
Progressive Hell, CO
I have several Vortex Products. Recently I started having a difficult time focusing on targets with my FFP 4-16 Viper. It seemed that overall image was poor even more so at full power.

So I dropped it in the mail last thursday expecting it back sometime after thankgiving. Nope !

This afternoon I found my returned scope with a new Paralax assm. Just looking at it off the rifle I think they did something else to it too. The glass even at full power has never looked as good as it does.

Anyways, I understand there are alot of opinions both positive and negative about Vortex. This was the first time useing thier service and thought I would share my positive expirence

It's nice to hear your positive review on the Vortex. I have several Vortex scopes which are several years old and they are all working well for me.

Thank God, I am thrilled that I have finally seen a "Vortex Customer Service" thread. No one has ever posted one before.

I still have a viper HS going strong on a 300RUM with a brake after 800 rds....glad to hear they did right by you if i ever need it.

Thank God, I am thrilled that I have finally seen a "Vortex Customer Service" thread. No one has ever posted one before.

Sarcasm, internet tough guys, and trolls are what make forums so undesirable. It doesnt matter how many Vortex CS threads there are because you see with the internet, computers, and the "search" function you have the choice to either view them or ignore them. Each persons individual thread may present a unique experience which means that with the myriad of Vortex CS threads out there one can get a thorough view on how Vortex handles a variety of different situations. You dont have to view every vortex CS thread that is posted just to go about your daily routine so if you are sick of seeing them then just stop clicking on them buddy! Very rudimentary solution to your problem which you expressed through your sarcasm. I hope this helped.

Sarcasm, internet tough guys, and trolls are what make forums so undesirable. It doesnt matter how many Vortex CS threads there are because you see with the internet, computers, and the "search" function you have the choice to either view them or ignore them. Each persons individual thread may present a unique experience which means that with the myriad of Vortex CS threads out there one can get a thorough view on how Vortex handles a variety of different situations. You dont have to view every vortex CS thread that is posted just to go about your daily routine so if you are sick of seeing them then just stop clicking on them buddy! Very rudimentary solution to your problem which you expressed through your sarcasm. I hope this helped.

Quit taking yourself so seriously.
It was tongue in cheek, tinged with a bit of sarcasm.
Yes, they have excellent customer service, as there are dozens of threads that say the exact same thing and, though you think yourself an internet psychologist, I do not mind seeing them. Conversely, I am thrilled that a very good company not only supports the shooting community as they do, they also respond quickly and attempt to provide shooters with exactly what they want.
It's a shame the repair/replacement section of their warranty is used so much on the PST line.

Yes, they have excellent customer service, as there are dozens of threads that say the exact same thing and, though you think yourself an internet psychologist, I do not mind seeing them. Conversely, I am thrilled that a very good company not only supports the shooting community as they do, they also respond quickly and attempt to provide shooters with exactly what they want.
It's a shame the repair/replacement section of their warranty is used so much on the PST line.

I dont take anything seriously. And thank you for the info on the PST line as I am thinking of getting one of those soon and will now have to do some more research.

Is the warranty used so much because they sell so many or is it because the quality is lacking? I still have only seen a few people send in their pst for repairs out of a ton of people that actually use them.

They make 6 really good things in the Philippines and rifle scopes isn't one of them.

They make good women, good beer, good food, good 1911's, good stainless steel hoods for jeeps and good furniture.

Understanding that ALL things mechanical break, even those from top tier manufacturers, I would trust my hunt to Japanese or better glass.
That isn't to say that a PST isn't serviceable, but if I was sinking a ton of money into a hunt, I'd buy something a bit more robust.