• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

A2 buffer to Carbine buffer

Zachary Rehbein

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2012
All,
This is my first post. I've been lurking for a long time now. My question is that I want to Change my AR's buttstock to a carbine length Magpul MOE, so I can swap my varmit upper with a 16" upper. Is there anything I need to be concerned with as far as the buffer weight or can I just get the new buffer tube, spring, and carbine buffer and be g2g?

Thanks in advance.

Re: A2 buffer to Carbine buffer

RIGHT, BUT WHAT ABOUT BUFFER WEIGHT AS COMPARED TO THE CARBINE GAS SYSTEM VS. RIFLE GAS SYSTEM?

http://heavybuffers.com/reference.html

From my experience the heaviest buffer that the rifle will run reliably with is the smoothest.

My Colt 6940 (16", carbine gas) came with a H3 (which was good) but I went heavier with the HSS and like it better. The standard, H and H2 will work fine, they just aren't as smooth.

Kinda depends on the rifle, how it feeds, and how fast or slow you want the recoil impulse.

Thanks guys,
Sorry for the all caps above.
blush.gif
I guess I'll give it a go and post back the results.