• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors AAC 7.62SD POI is 6-8" off????

Re: AAC 7.62SD POI is 6-8" off????

Well when you deal with spending over a year and double the money to fix a can that was a warrantee you tend to get a little pissed. Long story short I called AAC, they looked up the desruction paperwork for the 762SD and was like OH ya been a while....Can I interest you in a new Tirant 45? I was at first like Oh sure I'm going to spend more money....Uh no. I mean well send it out to your dealer ON US. That's what changed my mind. The verdict is still out on the QD 762sd as I still don't have it. But hey, over a year later, 900 dollars more, and 2 new cans. Can't complain.

I've had my 7.62sd for almost 2 years now. For the first year it shot great, but I started to loose long range accuracy quite a bit. I contacted Mike over at AAC and he said my springs are shot, so i sent it in and they put new spring in it and had it back to me inside of a couple of days. It was back to normal after that. It's an excellent product, and quiet. I just wish i could have gotten one of their new 7.62sd cans with the 51tooth instead of the 18tooth that i have.

xdeano

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xdeano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had my 7.62sd for almost 2 years now. For the first year it shot great, but I started to loose long range accuracy quite a bit.</div></div>
Any idea how many rounds you put through it before accuracy degraded?

BCR229,

Here is just an update:

I'd had the suppressor about a year, I'd ran about 500 round through it in that period, and i'd turned the can on and off maybe 250 times. The only problem was that the spring weren't retaining the suppressor on the mount, so the suppressor would loosen just a little and accuracy would degrade after about 5 rounds, the first shot accuracy was still spot on, but each shot after would be a little off, now i'm kind of picky with accuracy, a half inch group at 100yds is poor in my book and with my equipment. so it's all relative to each person i guess. When i retightened it, it was back to excellent accuracy.
I have the 18 tooth model and they have as of recently started to make the 51 tooth mount which will eliminate any problems with the retaining springs that the 18t has. I'd definitely recommend buying an AAC suppressor. If i were to do it all over again, i'd buy from AAC in a heartbeat. The customer services is excellent and Mike is great to work with. If you're having any question about the product itself, it is unreal quiet, and very accurate, they take the time and build a suppressor the right way. I'd contacted Mike shortly after i started to have problems, he told me to drop it in the mail and he'd replace the retention spring and have it back in my hands inside of that week. It came back 4 days later, the turn around time was excellent.

xdeano

I have an aac 7.62sd qd, I called mike and told him that my can kept coming loose and they went well above and beyond to fix my problem, as in told me to send them my old 18 tooth can and I got a new 51 tooth ratchet mount free and they even threw in the mounts to replace my 18t mounts, but my point shift on my m1a is 9moa low on this can, and was 8moa on the other one, aac is very good about making things right in my option and has a very high quality product