• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC 76.2-SD on a .22 (Savage Mk2)

i tried this on my savage mk2 22lr.I took the blackout (22cal) off my ar15 screwed it on to the savage and attached my sdn-6 to it.To make a long story short it did help not alot but i wouldn't do it you will just fill your can up with trash from the 22lr.I did not have any subsonic to test on it.I just ran cci stingers.

hmmm noted. Thanks for the reply. I was purely just curious.

Any good suggestions for a less pricy suppressor for a .22 bolt rifle?

I'm looking at getting an integral .22 pistol, I got a thread going on here about it trying to figure out the best one. It's heated, but I'm getting some good info out of it that way. There's some guys on there that have lots of experience with these.

Lots of folks are saying they have twist ons that work as well as the integrals though. I really wish I had more to tell you.

I'd have to go grab the box out of the closet, but I'm pretty sure the papers that came with it say not to do it. Almost positive. In fact, pretty sure it says to not use anything but jacketed bullets that are stabilized properly. Handloads are okay it seems.

The SDN6, it is really a damn nice can but the mounts are shit and AAC abandoned the design basically so I can't recommend one anymore --I mean, from personal experience, I wish I could take it back. I wish I'd just gotten a couple of nice thread on cans instead. I don't know how the 90T or whatever tooth they are using now works. I figure that it'll fix some of the motion since they don't wanna bother with tolerances, but finer teeth wear out faster and if you ever rub that against a granite stone I bet it'll fuck it right up (and that'll be the bearing surface at the muzzle just so you know). At the range it isn't a problem, in the field it is. There is a way to fix the mounts, but you shouldn't have to go through all that and AAC likes to void the entire warranty if you do --they can't find out you modified the mounts. Once modified, it locks up tight enough that a 6.5G rifle that averages .33MOA gets about 1MOA with it. An M4 I have that averages 1MOA opens up to about 2, about the same with a .300BLK (not enough data yet). All drop a little bit but the 6.5G, it just opens up. I won't even use it on an FAL because the mount is so damn loose I'm afraid of trying it and AAC won't warranty the endcap (and I think baffle strikes) and I just don't feel like grinding that one down. The only thing nice I can say about the can is that it is pretty quiet with 6.5G, 5.56, and damn quiet with .300BLK subs, just "pop". .300BLK supers and M855 all sound about the same to me, about like an unsuppressed .22lr. A couple of guys had an AWC and a (Gemtech? I forget right now, it may have been an AAC) for a 9mm and .45. My buddy said mine was quieter on rifles, go figure. I truly expected more out of the huge .45 and 9mm cans.

It's also damn heavy for a .22 IMO. I don't think you need much to suppress the .22 and I personally would prefer titanium.

In a do over, I'd have gotten the TBA or Elite cans (particularly for the centerfire rifles) heard nothing but good about both of them, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the diversity of this suppressor, and I can say it is quiet enough to please. I want a take apart .22 can because I plan on grossly overusing it and it's just for fun. They get nasty. Lots of folks like the sealed ones though.

I actually love my 762-SD. I get very little to no POI shift from my bolt gun and it doesn't effect group sizing that I've seen. Consistently a 3/8 min gun suppressed or not. I run the 51t brake from AAC and it locks up pretty tight as well. As the teeth wear I know this becomes an issue. However I have heard the fix is a simple bevel on the teeth to match the inside of the suppressor which allows for a really good and tight lockup even for a QD suppressor. For a .22 it will just be a toy. I'm thinking about building a "trainer" for my big rifle just to get more trigger time at a much cheaper price point. This is purely just curiosity at the moment as I'm in the 'research' phase of it all.

I use my 762-sd on my precision bolt gun and my 16" toy aka Noveske n-4 5.56. It does a great job with both calibers.

look into the swr spector for 22lr its a great can.From what i have seen also the ss silencerco sparrow is a great can.I was gonna get a AAC 22lr can but the other two i mentioned seem to give better results.

I tried my 7.62sd on a .22. It is kind of a long can so I was very worried about baffle strikes but tried it anyways. I did weigh all the .22 ammo that I was going to shoot through to make sure I wouldn't shoot a round that had a reduced load and cause a baffle strike. Also I would recommend shooting some sort of match grade .22 ammo too. But be warned you do risk getting baffle strikes. I am going to try to shoot .22 with a .45 can as it is half the length of the 7.62sd and the baffles come out and are cleanable.

The can works great, no question about that. The mounts just aren't up to par and I have five or six. If I'd only bought the one mount for the M4 and the .300BLK, I'd probably not complain much if at all. I have it working enough to be satisfied, I'm just not satisfied enough to buy another can from them, at least a QD, but after this I just don't wanna do business with them again based on how they handled it. Just buyer beware, that's all.

I couldn't find on the card where it says specifically not to use .22 ammo, but it does warn about jacket separation and not to use certain HP or any frangibles.

For the guy with the .45 can, it DOES specifically say NOT to use .22lr in the Ti-Rant or Evolution series.

Good luck.

i was shooting 22lr for a while through my thunderbeast 30BA. no problems at all. suppression was just fine and all i ever shot was bulk. it was dirty, but not nearly as dirty as some people will have you believe. just dont shoot a whole brick before putting a few full powered 308 rounds though it to blow out the junk.

yes, it was long but i wasnt so worried about baffle strikes because of the exit hole diameter of the 30 cal end cap.

anyhow, now i just shoot 22lr through my Griffin m4SD-II 5.56 can until my thunderbeast 22L-1 clears ATF sometime next decade.

I've shot my .40 and .45 cans on my .22 for the hell of it and it sounds about like a .22 can, just huge and awkward.