• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Blackout 18T Muzzle Break - Leads???

3006spokane

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2009
North Spokane, WA
I just picked up one of the Remington 700 AAC SDs and since I live in Kalifornia version 2 aka Washington I can't really make use of the threads for a can. But I can make use of them for a muzzle break.

I've been looking at the Advanced Armorment Blackout 18T. However, everywhere that I look its out of stock. Does anyone have any leads or info on availability of these? Where can the be found? Is AAC planning another batch?

Re: AAC Blackout 18T Muzzle Break - Leads???

Thank you sir.

Oddly enough when you do a search for these little guys on yahoo Midway doesn't even come up on the first couple of pages.

Next question. Anybody have experience with both? Pros/Cons of the 18T vs. 51T?

I'm leaning toward the 18T as it right now simply based on looks but I'm much more of a functionality person so if the 51T performs better I'd go that route. Just haven't found enough info or any comparing the two.

EDIT........

nevermind. Just found out the difference from reading Midway. Thanks again for the help

Since you won't be using the brake as a mount for a suppressor (since you can't legally own one in WA), then it doesn't matter which you select. The "brake" effect of both units is comparable and you won't likely be able to perceive any difference between the two.

Additionally, unless you just like the "looks" of the AAC brakes or you want to keep with the 700 AAC "theme," there is really no reason to select the AAC brake. Plenty of other options on the market that are very effective/efficient without the suppressor mount.

Again...your call.
wink.gif

Well thats kinda what I figured as well. I did like the look but really didn't search for many others.

I can own the can but can't put a round through it.....how that makes sense don't ask me.

The only other one I looked at was a brake by Troy and it wasn't quite the design I'd like for my rifle.

I'll do some searching around here and some more on yahoo to find more.

Just for clarification any 5/8x24 brake will work right?

I'd ask around over on silencer talk.com forums. You can probably do a lot better than Midways price.
Here's mine with the brake:

DSC02122.jpg

Didnt washington laws recently change as to suppressors and owning and shooting them ?

I believe that it is now legal to use suppressors in Wa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didnt washington laws recently change as to suppressors and owning and shooting them ?

I believe that it is now legal to use suppressors in Wa </div></div>

do you have any specific links to where you saw that the law had been passed. When I search I see that it is up for this years books but nothing stating it has been passed. Heading to the RCW next to look.

Thanks for the info though as I've been out of the game for over a year now and had no idea that it was even up for renewal

Edit****** yet again some further searching and I find my answer!

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,68545.0.html

Finally going to buy a can!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dustingaunder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're going to buy a can you don't want the 18t. They don't make any new cans that you can buy that fit on there in .308. </div></div>

I agree if you are going to buy a can for it ... get the 51tooth as the 18 is the older design and the newer cans will not work with it.

51T cans will also offer a better lockup then what the 18t can. I have the older version of the 762SD and it wont lock up as tight but it still is fine on a bolt gun.

Agree with everyone, make sure it's a newer model can if you go with AAC, 51tooth all the way.

In case you didn't get the memo, get the 51-tooth brake, and then order a 762SD-N6 suppressor for it!
smile.gif

Wow guys thanks for all the info and suggestions. Figured I would have only revived a couple responses. Ordering a 51t on Friday and then I'll start putting away for the can. I gotta get some good glass first though. Last rifle was my first and I did it no justice with the crappy glass I put on it.

I believe the AAC 762SD is quieter on the Rem 700 than the 762SD-N6. Spokane, you need to sign up on SilencerTalk.com, and SilencerForum.com. Read and study up while your saving coin. This way you can make an informed decision when it comes time to buy.

Also, do not pay retail for any can. There are dealers out there that can save you several hundred dollars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, do not pay retail for any can. There are dealers out there that can save you several hundred dollars. </div></div>

You are going to pay retail for a can ..... just dont pay MSRP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the AAC 762SD is quieter on the Rem 700 than the 762SD-N6. Spokane, you need to sign up on SilencerTalk.com, and SilencerForum.com. Read and study up while your saving coin. This way you can make an informed decision when it comes time to buy. </div></div>

Thats not 100% accurate. The N6 has metered quieter than they original 762SD. Plus I have one and to me its more quiet on a bolt gun.

Their Titan 338 can with it's larger bore ( which I own) metered quieter than the N6.

At the end of the day I'd give up my 762SD for a N6 hands down.

The 762SD should be a quieter suppressor then the N6 on a longer (16"+) gun. We have a couple of 308 SBRs at the shop and the N6 slightly edges out the standard 762SD. That would match up from what we always have been told. The N6 is going to run better with higher pressures.

But for all out suppression, the Ops Inc 3rd Model is probably the quietest 30 cal suppressor we have used. But it's not for everyone because of it's mounting sytem. The only one that has come close is the AAC 338 Titan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Burned by Outsy.

KYS338: Read this link and get back to us.
http://www.silencerforum.com/forum/showt...odel-700-AAC-SD
</div></div>

So you are telling me your ears can pick up on 2.8 DB of difference? Wow, you must have super human hearing!

Tone is one thing. DB is another. Maybe I should have said the tone of the N6 is better to me. Therefore I perceive the N6 to be more "quiet".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Houston Armory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 762SD should be a quieter suppressor then the N6 on a longer (16"+) gun. We have a couple of 308 SBRs at the shop and the N6 slightly edges out the standard 762SD. That would match up from what we always have been told. The N6 is going to run better with higher pressures.

But for all out suppression, the Ops Inc 3rd Model is probably the quietest 30 cal suppressor we have used. But it's not for everyone because of it's mounting sytem. The only one that has come close is the AAC 338 Titan. </div></div>

Which model of Titan? And it has come close to suppressing as well as an OPS INC for 308? I find that hard to believe being that the Ti version has a horrible ping sound when its being run on a 338LM. I went with the steel version for that very reason... do you have numbers for comparison? Would be interested in looking that over.

No you said the N6 metered quieter. Its probably a mind thing, what you hear and I hear could be totally different.

buy the flash hider version. much cheaper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">buy the flash hider version. much cheaper </div></div>

Your blast baffle wont be around as long as using the Brake version...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Houston Armory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 762SD should be a quieter suppressor then the N6 on a longer (16"+) gun. We have a couple of 308 SBRs at the shop and the N6 slightly edges out the standard 762SD. That would match up from what we always have been told. The N6 is going to run better with higher pressures.

But for all out suppression, the Ops Inc 3rd Model is probably the quietest 30 cal suppressor we have used. But it's not for everyone because of it's mounting sytem. The only one that has come close is the AAC 338 Titan. </div></div>

Which model of Titan? And it has come close to suppressing as well as an OPS INC for 308? I find that hard to believe being that the Ti version has a horrible ping sound when its being run on a 338LM. I went with the steel version for that very reason... do you have numbers for comparison? Would be interested in looking that over. </div></div>

Titan QD. I have really never noticed any pinging on the titanium version of the suppressor. While the steel might be a little quieter, it's also heavy. Only for a little more money you can go with the Ti version and not really sacrifice that much in sound.

As for numbers, I don't have any as they are not the end all be all of picking suppressors. But I have shot the 3rd, and Titan QD next to a bunch of other 30 cal suppressors and those 2 have a noticeably different sound then most of the 30 cal suppressors on the market. But then again, they both have a lot more volume too.

Hmmm interesting. I believe you on the OPS INC. I have two 12th model 30 cals and they are excellent performers when it comes to sound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">buy the flash hider version. much cheaper </div></div>

If it doesn't ping like a tuning fork, I'll spend the extra 50 bucks to go with a brake rather then flash hider. The pinging noise does get annoying over time.

get the old phantom version if you can find one.

Hmm those look really good. I think I am sticking to the 51t simply because I do plan on adding a can in the future so might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks again everyone for the posts and the links to helpful info. Greatly appreciated

Get the 51t mount it's the current version for the suppressors. It locks up "better" than the 18T. BTW I have the 762SD just before they announced the 51T version. I still like it, had I known I might have waited.