• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Cyclone on AR15??

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL
After doing alot of reading, I decided on a aac cyclone for both my 308 and ar15.. I built a precision AR and had the barrel threaded for a 7.62 can.. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this setup and what their results were? accuracy? sound suppression? thanks for any input..

Re: AAC Cyclone on AR15??

As long as your barrel was threaded correctly, you will be just fine. The 223 will not suppress as well thru a 30cal can as a 5.56 can would... But you will still be enjoying some significant sound reduction. I would recommend you still wear some plugs though.

Cyclone is a great can! One of the best 30cal cans on the market for suppression and performance. I have 2 of them on different rifles and they both are excellent. A little on the heavy side by todays standards but other then that, they are welcomed additions to my rifles.

Enjoy.

thank for the input. I was torn between the SRT arms shadow xl and the aac cyclone.. its only been 2 days since I submitted my forms and I'm already anxious to pick the suppressor up! this could be a dreadful couple of months.haha

Good to hear you ordered the suppressor! Who threaded your barrel?

I have a AR with a 24" barrel in 223 that I had threaded for my AAC Cyclone, it is plenty quiet and still shoots moa all day. At 50 yards away you can't tell the difference from a designated 223 can.