• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Cyclone?

midmoguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2013
Eastern KC
I just got my new Kimber 8400 AT all set up and shooting excellent. I have thrown around the idea of getting a suppressor for years just never have really followed through. I was already looking into the cyclone, then silencer shop put them on sale for only $625. I feel like this is a pretty good deal for what i will use it for. Does anyone have one of these suppressors and if so how do you like it? I would like to know pros and cons before doing anything. The sale lasts till the end of May so i have a week or so to make a decision.

Very happy with mine. As quiet as anything out there. Heavy compared to Ti, but as far as I know it's the lightest of the mainstream steel cans. 22 oz vs the YHM that weighs 26 IIRC. I paid about the same for mine from Silenced America and it's a very good value at that price.

I have one that lives on my AAC-SD and love it. I'd love it even more at that price, jump on it. No regrets. The only thing I might ( and I say might )do differently if I was looking to save time and money is to buy a brake and QD can. That way I could swap it from the bolt gun to the 300 BLK SBR and .556 AR. Same brand brake for each rifle, three different rifles and one can. From what I have learned here is the direct thread is more consistent for accuracy and a better choice for your set up and mine, but it's something to consider.

With the rest of these guys. I have one on my trg22 and I absolutely love it. I think I paid around $850 for mine and I would pay it again. It is a bit quieter and lighter than the cans that a couple of my shooting buddies have. I noticed very little shift in Poi as well.

For that price...... jump on it. They are great thread on cans. One of the most quiet 30cal cans on the market still. Not as light as the Ti offerings but I really enjoy mine.

Can anyone speak about accuracy of the cyclone. Really have the suppressor bug now that I can hunt with it here. I just can't afford a 1000 dollar can plus the 200 dollar stamp.

I can vouch for the cyclone. You expierience minor POI shift but it's an incredible can. My Trg remains .5 MOA or less with the AAC cyclone with hand loads

I have an AAC Cyclone-K and I use it on 3 different threaded .308's with different barrel lengths. I never see more that a 1/2 MOA shift in zero when its mounted. It also improves the accuracy of all three rifles. Additionally, i think its noticeably quieter than the full size Surefire can I have. Great suppressor.

Can anyone speak about accuracy of the cyclone. Really have the suppressor bug now that I can hunt with it here. I just can't afford a 1000 dollar can plus the 200 dollar stamp.

No accuracy changes really. If you are getting a change in accuracy thats from barrel harmonics being affected by the weight hanging off your barrel OR your loads are slightly off because of the added pressure.
And as to the second part, not to sound harsh but if you are on a tight budget shop for one QD can and get a few mounts to move around on host weapons. The Class3 world is not cheap nor quick. You will end up spending more then you want every time because it turns
into an addiction quickly. Shopping carefully in the Class3 world is crucial. Search out the deals and promotions on here and you can come away saving quite a bit.

I have a Cyclone, threaded, dedicated to a Rem 700 LTR. Overall length fits into a standard size drag bag. Very quiet. Comparable to an SRT Shadow I have on a PSS. I'd avoid any of the ratchet QD mounts from AAC. Do your homework on 'em yourself if you're wondering why.

My Cyclone has not affected the accuracy of any of my rifles. It goes between a 6.5 Creedmoor long range type rifle, my 6.5 Swede hunting rifle, and my 9" 300 Blackout. The Swede has a 22" pencil barrel, so POI is shifted a full mil, but accuracy is the same with/without. I also run a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter on the Swede. I got it from Brownells and lock-tited it on. Similar to using a QD mount for being able to use the can with different thread pitches, only cheaper.

Love mine. My first suppressor.

POI shift was a little under 1 inch vertically.

The cold bore shots are dead on, much better than without the suppressor.

Removed the suppressor for the first time after about 10 boxes of ammo this past week to clean the threads.
Replaced it, took it to the range and the first shot cut the 1/2" spot at which I was shooting. So the removal/re-attachment
repeatability is excellent.

Can't address the noise/decibel topic because, as I stated, this is my first suppressor, but it really does sound about like a .22 HV round.
This is mounted on a 700 26" barrel chambered in .308. I'm holding < 5/8" shot groups all the time, and generally under 1/2", and I'm an old,
shakey handed guy. The combination can do much better than I can.

Last edited:
If you are getting a change in accuracy thats from barrel harmonics being affected by the weight hanging off your barrel OR your loads are slightly off because of the added pressure.

Good points, but also consider the concentricity of the threaded barrel and the threaded mount in the back of the can.

Good points, but also consider the concentricity of the threaded barrel and the threaded mount in the back of the can.

Not really sure where you are going with this? Are you saying that when you thread a brake on it changes the POI as well?

Not really sure where you are going with this? Are you saying that when you thread a brake on it changes the POI as well?

Oh sure, it might. It all depends on how concentric the brake was made and this is the main reason why I avoid the QD style of suppressors. Between barrel threading, machining of the mount, and the can to mount fit, this is why very few guys have zero POI shift with QD cans.

Oh sure, it might. It all depends on how concentric the brake was made and this is the main reason why I avoid the QD style of suppressors. Between barrel threading, machining of the mount, and the can to mount fit, this is why very few guys have zero POI shift with QD cans.

Regardless of what attachment method you go with, there will always be a poi shift. I have never encountered a suppressor that did not create a shift in my zero with no can. You add a brake or suppressor it's going to move, it's just a matter of how much.

Just ordered mine from Silencer Shop and I'm super excited. Been wanting to do a TI can but with the Cyclone priced like that, I didn't hesitate. It's not that big a weight difference, I mean I feel like I can handle the difference. My current gun's barrel is contoured for a Surefire brake so Ill just cut the barrel back about 2.5" and the weight issue will proably balance itself out, hopefully ill get a little freebore boost as well to negate the velocity loss from cutting the barrel. I've heard nothing but good reviews and if KYS approves it, I have no hesitations...I mean he owns like every can so he should know. For some reason I feel AAC's cans have a much better tone then most cans do. It seems the pitch is higher and smoother but that makes it sound quieter to me.

I am very happy with mine, especially for the price. It is obviously heavier than the titanium cans, but sound reduction is right there with the best. I have shot many sub 1/2 moa groups at 200 and 300 yards with mine on a custom 700 in .308.