• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors aac evo 45 on walther p22

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
i seen an adapter the other day to adapt a evo45 onto your walther p22, it just so happens i have one but would the sound reduction be worth the adapter ( almost 80 bucks ) or would it be better to just get a 22 can ?

was just thinking all that hot lead building up in my evo can might be a bad idea since i cant take the baffles out

Re: aac evo 45 on walther p22

Unless you have a way to clean out the expensive 45 can.Don`t do it.Buy a cheap 22 can that you can take apart an clean.

A .45 can is surprisingly effective on a .22LR. The huge (relative to a .22 can) internal volume more than makes up for the oversized exit hole.

But you end up with a can that's way too large for the gun, and as redrider points out, .22 gives you some fair sized lead deposits over time.

For occasional use, it would be fine and I'm sure will be effective. But the best long-term solution is still to get a dedicated .22 can.

103_5665copy.jpg

The P22 spews lead.
I could not believe how caked the inside of my thread adapter was after several bricks of ammo.
I also think that over time the weight of the heavy can might cause some issues with the barrel/frame integrity.

it will be fairly effective, i put my trident 9 on my 17hmr the other day and i was suprised how good it sounded, the round is still supersonic but not bad. i wouldn't do it with 22lr because of lead build up though.

ya iam most likely going to hold out untill i can get a 22 suppressor