• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC M2-2K vs YHM ti3100?

2680fps

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2013
Proceeding with a dedicated 5.56 can. Of these two what are the +'s / -'s? Favorites?

Leaning towards the M4 for compact size and db test results.

Already have a 7.62 can so the multicaliber discussion is off the table.

Thanks guys!

The M4-2000 is fantastic. Many will likely chime in on 51T mounts that they neglected to clean and resulted in a less than tight lock up. I have well over 15k through my M4-2k and it is still stupid quiet - as in sub 130 DBs. I do clean the teeth on my 51T mount after I shoot it, as well as the ratcheting mechanism on the can itself. If you're good with that routine maintenance you'll benefit on the sound reduction front. If not, consider the KAC NT4. Also a very, very high quality can that IMO sounds quieter than the M4-2K.

I own a M4-2000 myself, and have handled (but not shot a 3100). My 2 cents. The M4-2000 has the advantage in that it can handle much higher rates of fire compared to the YHM can. The M4-2000 also is one of the "quieter" 223 cal cans available though I'm not sure how much of a real world difference it makes. My buddy has a Thunder Beast 223 TI can, and I can't hear any real difference between his and mine. On the other hand, the M4 is heavier, and the 51T mount system is known for not locking up consistently. A lot of people have had that problem including myself. And its not just a maintenance issue, my mounts (2 of them) and can did that brand new out of the box. Fortunately its fairly easy to fix, but AAC needs to fix their design on the 51T mount.

I have a yhm 556 ti, and I have never cleaned it nor do I really ever intend to. I just put choke tube lube on the threads every now and then. It locks up tight every time, never gets stuck, and never backs off. I run it hard and careless. It looks like shit, because it has been laid on bags and stuff while it was hot and they melted to it. Mine doesn't have any noticeable shift, and it sounds like all other suppressors to me. Sure the QD looks like Honey booboo's mama, but this fucker works

Thanks guys, this is perfect!

I fondled both at the shop. They are almost exactly the same size.

The YHM wins for weight as it is 5oz lighter.

In the length depart, it is a little different. The cans are the same length. The AAC is actually close to an 1" shorter when mounted as the can takes the QD deeper (no pun). The YHM seats on a collar where the AAC internalized the seating. Also part of the lockup previously noted.

End of the day, form 4 submitted on the M4. Now the 6-month wait.
Thanks!

the M4 is a good can, just be prepared to modify the mounts (lots of youtube videos on how to do so) if it has any play.