• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Muzzle brake 1/2 x 28 question

OdellJym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2012
Texas
Kinda confused on this one guys, and Google is not working:
Wanting to put a 30 cal muzzle brake on a 243 sporter barrel. Does the 30 cal come in 1/2 x 28? The AAC site makes it look like it does, but everyone I've tried can not get one. Should I just get a 51 tooth in 5.56 and have it bored out to accomodate the .243 bullet?

Thanks,
Jym

Re: AAC Muzzle brake 1/2 x 28 question

AAC does make a 1/2x28 .30cal brake. It was initally done for use with 1/2x28 threaded DSA FAL's IIRC. Contact Silencer Shop, Allen Arms Tactical (ask for Randall), Accurate Ordnance, and Silenced America. If they don't have one they'll be able to let you know when it will be in stock. At the very least one of these places will be able to point you in the right direction. Best of luck!

CMS

Thanks, just gave Dave from SS a call...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cms81586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC does make a 1/2x28 .30cal brake. It was initally done for use with 1/2x28 threaded DSA FAL's IIRC. Contact Silencer Shop, Allen Arms Tactical (ask for Randall), Accurate Ordnance, and Silenced America. If they don't have one they'll be able to let you know when it will be in stock. At the very least one of these places will be able to point you in the right direction. Best of luck!

CMS</div></div>

FAL has 9/16-24 LH. I'd be surprised if they did a 1/2-28 in .30. Even 6.5 stuff is bigger than that.

Have you thought about getting those threaded rings that step up the thread size? The inside threads would fit your rifle, the outside would be 5/8-24. You'd just Rocksett that on. Not sure who makes 'em, but some suppressor companies offer them I think.

You could also get a 5.56 brake and take it to a gunsmith and have it put in a lathe and opened up a bit. Take all of a minute to set up and do. That would be the smoothest way I think, as you are so close already.

Lots of options though. But I think the last is best. Know that AAC won't do any special work for you though, if they don't have it in stock then they don't do it.