• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC pilot question

Re: AAC pilot question

According to the info on the silencerresearch .22lr shootout review, the Pilot is NOT rated for magnums. It is an aluminum can w/ a steel blast baffle, but I think the aluminum is holding it back from a multi-caliber rating.

Regards,
Nate

Dear Ben,

Attempting to suppress the calibers you listed would result in unsatisfactory results. You will still encounter a sonic crack associated with projectiles that exceed the speed of sound.

The excessive heat and pressure generated by the larger case volume will more than likely melt the first baffle.

The PILOT is perfect for the Pac lite and .22lr rifle you have.

Hooper thanks for the input. I only ask becuase I was at an estate sale in dadeville. Most of the weapons were in 22 magnum and hornet. They were great prices, andI just wondered if I could use my suppressor on any of them. I passed on them anyway.

thanks