• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Ranger .223

KeithR41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 20, 2009
    Oregon
    Came across a good deal on this can. I'm planning on building an SBR upper to go with it. It'll go on my 16" entry gun for now.

Anybody have experience with it? I've already got the YHM phantom .308 can (Love it but HEAVY.) My other option is the Gemtech but I don't remember which model (the thread on .223 can.)

Thanks, Keith

Re: AAC Ranger .223

I got one from my C3 dealer. should be ready to go at anytime now.

I'm in roseburg. Guess I just want to know if I should get it or the Gemtech.

K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in roseburg. Guess I just want to know if I should get it or the Gemtech.

K </div></div>

It would help if you would tell us WHICH Gemtech suppressor you are considering.
    wink.gif

get the ranger. it is a very underrated .223 can.

I can tell you that both of the companies that you have listed, AAC and Gemtech, are both good to deal with and I don't think you can wrong with either. I have one of each, a AAC M4/2000 and a Gemtech HVT and they are both top notch. If you are just going to plink semi automatic then the Ranger is great for that. If you have an automatic then no; go with the M4/2000. Call Mike Meirs at AAC and ask him about the Ranger and he will tell you straight up about its capabilities. Also, call Gemtech and ask them...after you tell them what your intentions are they can tell you if the suppressor fits what you want to so with it.

If you can find someone around you that has one or both of these suppressors that is the best way to determine if that is the one you want. If that is not possible go on Silencer Talk and read reviews.

I don't have an auto. I can get the Gemtech for a little cheaper but I've been told the sound dampning starts to deteriorate after several thousand rounds though. I use my rifle at work so I shoot frequently.

KR41

Not to step on any toes here, but the Ranger is a loud can. Especially if you want to use it on an SBR which is what you sound like you are ultimately leaning towards in your original post.

Have you ever heard a Ranger in person? Have you ever shot a Ranger side-by-side with another .223 can? I have and the Ranger is loud to me. No where near an AAC M42K... or even an M41K for that matter.

I would go with an AAC M42K.. but that is strictly a personal opinion.

Good luck on you quest!

-Tdog

The M4-2K is also double the price of the Ranger as well. They both come in at different price points.

the above is all true and as you know you get what you pay for especially in suppressors. There are no bargains as far as performance is concerned. If you can swing it the AAC/M4-2000 is a great suppressor. When I was doing research I was going to buy the Halo or the M4/1000 but ended up paying a little more and getting a top notch suppressor that can be seen on the range.

I will be interested in how much you like it. I could think of getting another AAC 223 suppressor for a 223. Do a review when you get it.