• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC SDN6 on a 8 inch barrel?

Fenix Mike

Minuteman
Aug 19, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Was looking for info on their "warranty" and couldnt find if it specifically voided it for under 10 inch barrels like many companies do... Planning my 300 Blackout build and plan on doing either the Noveske 10.2 inch or 8 inch setup, and if it was goign to cause problems with the 8 inch, I was just going to do the 10 to not chance anything. Its also going to be used on a 10.3 inch Mk18, and 16 inch 308, but 300 is something where id rather do the shortest barrel possible without compromising anything.

I have run my sdn6 on a 7.5" fa sbr with no signs of wear except for some nice coloration on the exterior from heat. Talking to aac they really do not talk about barrel length but round count and rate of fire. At a recent shoot a rep said their cans are rated for 25000 rounds on a 10.5" barrel under fa use. Take the fa away and you can bet it should last forever even on a shorter barrel. Also remember with their qd the qd takes most of that initial muzzle blast and erosion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have run my sdn6 on a 7.5" fa sbr with no signs of wear except for some nice coloration on the exterior from heat. Talking to aac they really do not talk about barrel length but round count and rate of fire. At a recent shoot a rep said their cans are rated for 25000 rounds on a 10.5" barrel under fa use. Take the fa away and you can bet it should last forever even on a shorter barrel. Also remember with their qd the qd takes most of that initial muzzle blast and erosion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Yeah I made sure to buy the brakes, I heard flash hiders will wear the first baffle faster on short barrel stuff.