• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors aac tirant 45

im looking into a 45 can also...... but i am weary of AAC products since i have heard customer service is hit or miss. Currently thinking Osprey or Octane HD.

im looking into a 45 can also...... but i am weary of AAC products since i have heard customer service is hit or miss. Currently thinking Osprey or Octane HD.

After shooting the Osprey and Octane side by side, I went with an Octane. On a FNP Tactical, the Octane sounded quieter to me, uses stainless baffles, and takes down so I can shoot lead through it. To top it off, it was cheaper as well.

Right now the octane 45 HD is quieter than the Osprey which is quieter than the tirant. Granted it's only a couple of Db at each step, but if you want the quietest.

Well. I have the osprey and the Tirant. I have shot both extensively.

I like both for different reasons.

On who is quieter. . . It runs about 50/50 on blind taste tests. I think they are about equal.

The osprey is simply cool. Looks neat and performs as well as it looks.

The Tirant. It simply performs and it comes apart for cleaning.

If you are concerned about AAC, I wouldn't be.

Silencerco also has some of the best customer service.

Both have the same price point and both perform well when used with subcalibers.

I have not heard the octane. Since it is a Silencerco/ SWR/Henry Graham project, I cannot imagine it failing to deliver in person.

Had a chance to handle the Osprey at MileHigh SHooting a week or so ago. Very nicely made - outward appearance had clean lines, crisp, very fine workmanship all the way around. I was also surprised how light it was. I was expecting something a bit heavier. One of the things I liked about it was the interchangability of the the adaptor piece. For the priced of two adaptors I could (after I wait my time) have a suppressor for my 45 and my 9mm and it would look great on both I am not sure that is available on all types - thought I wished I had done more research but from a purely subjective viewing of the Osprey, I liked what I saw and will likely purchase one in the new future.

I have a Tirant-9 and absolutely love it. I had to send it in due to my fuck up and they went above and beyond to take care of me. Even sent me a free patch haha

I had to send mine back after the booster unscrewed out of the can instead of the end cap unscrewing out of the booster assembly. Turn around time was like 3 days. Excellent communication all through the process.Don't worry about aac customer service imo. I think it's an overblown internet myth.

I love my tirant 45. Everybody that has shot it has loved it. I think a few people have ordered them after shooting mine in my hk45c.

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and it is really quite nice. I would recommend one highly.

I very much like my Tirant...crazy quiet on my XD45 with mid-range loads. I load 4.5gn of Titegroup/230gn LRN plated and it makes a decent flash in low-light with a full up 45 report....put the Tirant on and it sounds like a Co2 powered pellet gun. I also use it on my XDm 9 mm and on a 45 carbine with a fixed barrel spacer; couldnt be happier.

I also had the booster come loose....they were all over it and said ship it back. I declined and said I could clean the threads and drop some loctight on it just as easy as they could...they said no sweat, standing by if I changed my mind or had future problems. I have at least 1K of 45 through it....

ZY

Last edited:
It's a toss up between the Osprey & TiRant 45,. being able to take the AAC can apart is why I choose to go with it. I am pretty sure you will be very happy with any of the three "new" .45 suppressors on the market today.

I went with the tirant because it can be taken appart and its round so i could use it inside an AR handguard. Should have approved form back any day. I am going to run it on glocks, 19, 23 and 21 and maybe a 300blk.

CJG

I have a Tirant 45 and 9. While I love them both I would go with SWR Octane 9 and 45 if I could do a do over. They were not available when I got mine.

I have a Ti-Rant 45 on a Glock 21. I love it. Versatile and durable. Couldn't be happier.

I went with the tirant because it can be taken appart and its round so i could use it inside an AR handguard. Should have approved form back any day. I am going to run it on glocks, 19, 23 and 21 and maybe a 300blk.

CJG

Delivery on Ti-Rant 45 is unknown by AAC at this time. They have not shipped one for months. I ordered one on May 29th, 2013 and found out today (8/26/13) that a huge shipment of outsourced Ti-Rant tubes came in out of spec and were scrapped. As per Bryon at M3 (Major Malfunction), "Tubes for the Ti-Rant 9 just came in, tubes for the 45 are due in the near future". I asked if "Near future" could be 6 months and he replied, "Yes, AAC has no known schedule date, could be 6 months but hopefully not". My FFL's form 3 transfer has not even been submitted to ATF yet, 3 months after the order. I'm not a happy camper.

Last edited:
Delivery on Ti-Rant 45 is unknown by AAC at this time. They have not shipped one for months. I ordered one on May 29th, 2013 and found out today (8/26/13) that a huge shipment of outsourced Ti-Rant tubes came in out of spec and were scrapped. As per Bryon at M3 (Major Malfunction), "Tubes for the Ti-Rant 9 just came in, tubes for the 45 are due in the near future". I asked if "Near future" could be 6 months and he replied, "Yes, AAC has no known schedule date, could be 6 months but hopefully not". My FFL's form 3 transfer has not even been submitted to ATF yet, 3 months after the order. I'm not a happy camper.

Update...... AAC received the backordered tubes last week and is finally in full production of the Ti-Rant 45. Per the sales manager at AAC, Form 3 transfers were started 45 days ago. He expects 60-90 day service on Form 3's from ATF, but could be longer.

+1 for the Osprey.
All the cans mentioned are top shelf and any is a very good pick and work well.

AAC customer service was pretty hit & miss and I waited months for a suppressor mount. You will not find any better customer service than Silencerco and they are firmly geared towards the civilian market. The contrast is I prepaid for a mount from AAC and waited months. I had an FNP 45 and Silencerco updated their pistons to accommodate FN's thread profile. I had the "old" style piston, called Silencerco and they next day shipped me a replacement piston. That IS customer service.

I also do not miss the FNP tactical.......

Wow, that sucks. I only buy AAC stuff from a stocking local dealer. Each can i have bought they had there in stock. I wouldnt trust AAC or some of these of companies on back orders. With ATF wait times and back orders, it could be years before you finally get to use your new toy...
I finally got to take home the Tirant 45 yesterday and put it on my glock 21. I added some water ahead of time and this thing is sweet. I was trying to keep my expectations low so i wasnt disappointed but it is really pretty quiet. Its quieter than my 300blk shoot subs in the AR by a lot. My suprressed 10/22 shooting subs is movie quiet but this is just a little louder, almost movie quiet but not quite. dry its a little noisy, but wet, its sweet. Im happy.

CJG

Anybody got one of these need some feed back.

Dude,

Don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I have the TiRant 45, TiRant 45s and TiRant 9s. I love the 45 Suppressors, but was sort of disappointed with the 9s. I should have went for just the TiRant 9. The 45s are super quiet brother, and hey are extremely light. I believe it's the quietest 45 out there when shot dry.

Last edited:
Update...... AAC received the backordered tubes last week and is finally in full production of the Ti-Rant 45. Per the sales manager at AAC, Form 3 transfers were started 45 days ago. He expects 60-90 day service on Form 3's from ATF, but could be longer.

Check with Dave at Silencer Shop. I just checked their site and they have TiRant 45's on hand.

been shooting the 21 last couple days, realy like it with a little water in. Only negative i have to report about the can is ease of disassembly of the baffle stack. comes out of the tube pretty easy but the k baffles are seated together pretty tight, little difficult to get them appart. Really like it though, no regrets. no jams or malfunctions yet and running the lwd barrell.

0f0d0f7337b06ad027ad6eba2c45b8d4.jpg

Another update, i have shot my glock 21 with the tirant extensivly now and i love it. My new favorite can next to me 22 can. I keep some water in it pretty much all the time and it works great. Only negative to report is the finish really was wearing on it. looked like it was about 20 years old after only 6 weeks, so its sent back now for a new improved finish. actualy function though, no complaints. having something this quiet with serious knock down power is awesome. shot a crow in the yard a month back at about 15 yards, devastating... also shot a coyote on the run from the truck on a hunting trip in south dakota at about 30 yards. took it down no problem. I would highly recomend adding a 45 can to your collection if you already have a 22LR and a centerfire.

CJG

I ordered a Ti-rant 45 about 7 months ago. Still waiting. I haven't heard of the octane, but at the time, the Ti-rant and Osprey were the quietest on the market. Both now include interchangeable pistons, allowing you to use on a variety of pistols with different thread pitches.

Advantages:
Osprey
- Lower profile on top allowing use of regular sights in SOME pistols (need to check, there are some pistols with lower sights that still sit below the radius of the suppressor)

Ti-rant 45
- Ability to index suppressor to minimize shift. Whether this is an advantage over the Osprey is up for grabs because of the Osprey's asymmetrical design, they argue that it is automatically indexed.
- Able to be disassembled.

Because I fire lead bullets, I opted for the Ti-rant because I wanted to be able to clean the baffles. Honestly... it is a coin toss. Depending on where you are standing and what frequency your ear is more sensitive to, either of these suppressors could win a side by side comparison. Degree of suppression is not a reason to pick either of these over the other. Two great designs and two great suppressors.