• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors AAC TiTAN reviews?

xdeano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
North Dakota
Hey guys anyone own a TiTan at all and want to do a review on how you like the can, don't like the can, how it performs for you and dB ratings, videos etc. I'm want to know what the general concensis is on this suppressor.

Thanks guys,
Deano

I have one that i run on a 338 Lapua (a DTA SRS). I can't tell you how it compares to any other and have not done any quantitative testing. I can say that I am very pleased with it and it works as expected. I will also say that in my opinion the lapua is a lot more pleasant to shoot braked than suppressed.

I have had a Titan for several years. I have run it on (3) Wildcats based off of the 300 Norma Mag. I run the .338 Titan on the 7mm, .300 & .338 versions. I agree that the .338 is more pleasant with one of Jared's Fat Bastard brakes than with the can. I have also run it on a plain old .308 Win. & it is just amazing. I didn't see any reason for the QD Model (to old & too fat for anything remotely Tactical) I am extremely pleased with the plain old screw on Titan.

I would have thought just the opposite with the recoil on a 338. I would have figured the suppressor would be better then break. Good to know.

95LTZ - how do you like the 338 Norma mag? Seems like one of the go to 338 round right now.

Anyone else running a TiTan Ti? There should be a pile of them out there.

Deano

My BA-110 shoots better with a can than just compensated. titan screw on stainless.

Well i've been shooting my Titan Ti for a few months now. It is very pleasant to shoot and reduces recoil a heck of a lot. I'd say to the point of being a 308win without a suppressor. I still wear ear plugs while shooting even though a guy probably wouldn't need to. The gun will shoot in the .3's, but that has more to do with the gunsmith and components.

It's been good.

xdeano

titan cans

I own a titian ss thread on can and a TiTan QD. The ss is on a rem 7005r in 300win, its a heavy bastard and works fine, its made my shooting more accurate since the recoil and concussion are tamed. Sorry i don't have photos or db ratings but i'll try and upload a video of the winmag. The qd is on a trg42 .338 and actually sounds more quite than the winmag. Best way to describe its sound is like an air hose disconnecting.

Im waiting on a thunderbeast 338ba which willl go on another trg42 338 i picked up.

I have one- don't have a rifle to mount it on yet. When I finish my first build, I'll post some videos and dB tests. I have a docimeter I can use to reference it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the POI shift and return to zero with the Titan? Also is there a big difference between the direct thread and the quick detach?

[QUOTE =alman1531;2926615]How is the POI shift and return to zero with the Titan? Also is there a big difference between the direct thread and the quick detach?[/QUOTE

.6mils straight down at 100 on AI AX 338 when attached.

Thank You, I just reserved an AX308MC with an AX338MC on the future buy list and the Titan QD is on the top of the list for a can.

AAC's got that $200 coupon thing going right now, I am trying to score one and re-live the dream. They were great cans and the snipers said the POI shift was small but more importantly repeatable.

so, uh, if anybody knows of a dealer who's got them in stock in AZ, I will be your best friend...
254660_10150284758471728_7781292_n.jpg

Running mine on a variety of calibers - 6.5 Grendel, 7mm-08 & .338 Federal. My .338 Federal (18", mid-length adj gas, with 210 gr Scirocco's) registers 131 DB's. It's ridiculous for a 20 oz can adding less than 8.5" to the rig. It's lighter and more effective that most 308 cans out there on a non-FA set up. Haven't tried it on a Lapua yet, but will very soon.

On a side note, the QD mechanism adds value not just because you have the ability to switch it from rifle to rifle, but because you have a very effective brake attached to it that gives you the benefit of the brake plus that of the suppressor itself. I had a Desert Tactical SRS in .338 LM with 26" tube and brake - that thing nearly knocks you out with the mere sound and concussion of the blast. I don't see how adding the can over a brake would improve every characteristic in that regard over a brake alone. I can see though how a direct thread would suck in terms of felt recoil compared to a brake. Time will tell....