• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aadamount scope caps

i think most people would say yes, especially considering the scopes they're going on. quite a few run the vortex defenders as well from what i've seen

I have five sets. I don't know if they are worth a hundred bucks. They are rugged, they work exactly how they are supposed to work. What that's worth is a personal choice.

Reactions: LastShot300
AADMOUNT caps are the best. Low profile, tough, open flat against the scope. I really dislike the vortex caps both in looks and feel.

Worth every penny. Bought Vortex Defenders and I hate them compared to my Aadlands

What scope your putting it on..nikon millet barska? Then my answers not worthed..
Sb theta nf or anything cost 1k or more...its a good investment to protect that 1k glass

I disagree, I recently replaced my Aadmount caps with Tenebraex caps and I am much happier. The Tenebraex caps allow you to mount the scope lower than the bulky Aadmount caps. Which is more important to me.

I just got my $1200 Bushnell LRSTi and purchased the Vortex caps, Unfortunately the Vortex Ocular cap I bought is not sized very well. Ironically the two Vortex caps fit my Mueller 8x32 very well..

Aadamount are custom sized, and I like the design and my scope has the clearance... And like all of you had said, I'm protecting over a Grand of glass. So I think I'm going to pull the trigger and get them.

Interesting this comes up now, I am considering getting a set of Aadmount caps for my DMR2. I am really hating how my Butler Creek's don't open flat against the scope. Might have to just place the order!

I've had several pair. Managed to break an eyepiece once upon a time. Send Jon a picture and a couple days later a new cap was on my doorstep! I like them slightly better than the tenebrex caps.

I've had several pair. Managed to break an eyepiece once upon a time. Send Jon a picture and a couple days later a new cap was on my doorstep! I like them slightly better than the tenebrex caps.

Same experience here. Still my favorite caps, also think they seal better then the tenebrex ones.

Yes they are worth it. I encountered a few bumps in the road when I first tried to order these caps because of an error on my part with the web site. Jon reached out to me and made me an offer I could not refuse. The scope caps are top of the line. Quality gear,,, do it.

I’m through with scope caps- I use bikini covers when I’m not shooting- $6.00 at Academy Sports, they don’t break, they aren’t ever in the way, and they don’t lessen my sight picture around the edges of my scope.. I learned this from a crafty Hide Member here?

Reactions: kabarNC
I have Aadmounts on my 624i. They are tough, they can be tightened, and I can pick up a 15lb rifle by the objective cap. I don't do this on the regular, but it's just a testament to how strong the hinge design is.

I think the Aadland caps are worth it. Prefer them over the Defenders, but Haven't tried Tenebrex.

I did have one break when my rifle fell over and landed on an open cap. Sent Jon an email and had a replacement shortly.

I have them on all my scopes. Great caps and great warranty if you ever do need it.

^^What has already been said.....the Aadmount are worth every penny; if not available for specific scope Tenebraex is a great Plan B.

I have, I think 4 pair, but a lot of others. The also like the tenebrex caps and Vortex Defenders.

The ONLY downside is they are loud as shit.

I have, I think 4 pair, but a lot of others. The also like the tenebrex caps and Vortex Defenders.

The ONLY downside is they are loud as shit.

Loud when you open up the caps you mean? Like the spring is so strong that the cap "thwacks" the scope body?

Loud when you open up the caps you mean? Like the spring is so strong that the cap "thwacks" the scope body?
Yes, and the only an issue hunting. Solved with controlling the the cap, but maybe I’ll try tape as a pad

Last edited: