• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Aadmount scope cap thickness and ring height,

ltfirehunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2008
Rock Spring Georgia
Hey guys this isn't just a what ring question.
The biggest question is what is the average thickness of the Aamount scope covers? I'm putting them on a Gen II Razor 4.5-27X56 that is already sitting in a set of Nightforce XTRM 208 med. and they are just a little to low, with clearance being about .051 between the barrel and obj.
so depending on thickness of the Aadmounts will tell be either to use the high 210's or the X high 214's

What rifle? For my standard rifles with 20moa bases and that scope and set up I use 1" height rings.

Sorry about that, kind of left that out.
Bighorn TL3
30 MOA base
Barrel is a heavy target contour, so it's a fatty.
Initial measurements give me enough clearance to where objective wouldn't' touch but not enough clearance for scope caps, and would like to use the Aadmount instead of Butler creek.
Edit, It's in a MPA chassis

Here is a picture of the 4.5-27x56 with the Vortex Defender caps on, which are a hair thicker than the AADmount caps that I had on before these. A Remington action with Badger 20 MOA base and M24/40 contour barrel. You can always go to the 1.1" height Vortex Precision matched rings if you think this will be too tight on your rifle.

mccZohx.jpg

wjXMYju.jpg

Thanks Rob, I measured for the barrel a 1.20 and it's actually 1.25 where the objective sits over the barrel, so I got it too low for caps. The gap is .052

Here is a picture of the 4.5-27x56 with the Vortex Defender caps on, which are a hair thicker than the AADmount caps that I had on before these. A Remington action with Badger 20 MOA base and M24/40 contour barrel. You can always go to the 1.1" height Vortex Precision matched rings if you think this will be too tight on your rifle.

mccZohx.jpg

What throw lever is that?

Our caps for that model are .095" thick. The caps can be sanded down on the bottom quite a bit without affecting their performance or warranty, but with only .051" clearance that's probably still a bit too tight.

Our caps for that model are .095" thick. The caps can be sanded down on the bottom quite a bit without affecting their performance or warranty, but with only .051" clearance that's probably still a bit too tight.

Thanks Jon, I'm going to go with the highs, which are 1.125 , and should put it just about perfect.