• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aadmount Scope Caps

EventHorizon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
NC
Has anyone ordered a pair of these in the last few weeks/months? I've read older reviews but I can't imagine they would have experienced what I'm seeing.

AADMOUNT Flip Up Scope Caps

I received mine (promptly) but was disappointed to see that they were coated in a fine black dust. Probably residue from the molding etc. Anyway, washed them and they still give off this dust. Does it go away after a couple washes? They snap shut with authority so some of that dust will definitely be jumping off the caps and onto the scope lens. For the price this is not what I would have expected.

Thanks.

Have you tried contacting them directly before airing the dirty laundry in public?

its hardly dirty laundry, it's my first impressions on a relatively high priced product. I've emailed, not received anything yet, but regardless, wanted to know if others have seen the same thing and there's a quick fix so I can start using them sooner rather than later.

There's really no obligation for this silly 'silence' and behind the scenes mentality. If other people see this thread and the resolution is simply 'wash 3x and it goes away' then we all benefit. Regardless - I still would expect the product to be clean before it ships.

Aadmount Scope Caps

Got mine new in the box. No dust at all. Extremely high quality caps, very durable and they have a lifetime warranty. If you want primo scope caps for your expensive glass I would definitely look at these or the Tenebraex.

Last edited:
Well if you see him around ask him to check his email as it seems my experience was odd one out. I didn't think of looking at Tenebaerx but I prefer Aadmounts design.

You lie. I have. It doesn't.

Yeah, no. The dust that came on mine did wash off. What's the point about asking for peoples experiance if you are going to call them liars for sharing it????

If you washed it three times and there is still an issue, it does not sound like dust, but a much different issue.

Yeah, no. The dust that came on mine did wash off. What's the point about asking for peoples experiance if you are going to call them liars for sharing it????

If you washed it three times and there is still an issue, it does not sound like dust, but a much different issue.

I wasn't being serious - sorry. I thought the poor English would convey the jest.

I've washed the first set a couple times now. It's getting better. Damn pain in the ass though.

put them in the dishwasher....I have a proto set and they ARE FANTASTIC. Squirreling away to do my other 3 scopes now.

My Aadmount caps are awesome, Super well built,

Don't know about the dust, the dishwasher idea might work great if its something on the surface. Regardless, you have a fine product in my opinion

Well I'm sending one pair back as the objective cover fell off during shooting today. Not thrilled. I think there've been enough good reviews for me to think I just got unlucky. I've not had a response on the original email. I guess I'll be the first to put the warranty to test.

I also have 2 sets of Viper PST caps that came with the dust. It's as if residual material is left from how they have been made. When you rub them with your fingers a fine black powder is left on your fingers.

I tried scrubbing them with soapy water and a brush and it still remains. Might try again see if it helps.

OP I just received mine last week.

They are well designed and solid but I agree, for the price this is not something I would have expected.

Last edited:
All products, no matter how high quality, have a bad run here and there. I have three sets of Jon's caps, SS 5-20, ATACR and the March sets. None exhibited any of the issues your set did. I have also used mine in some fairly punishing conditions and have had no problems with durability. I am sure Jon will make it right but I would try another set first. The fit and quality of mine are unbeatable by anything on the market.

Sully

Mine arrived yesterday. Snug fit and no dust problems. Give Jon the opportunity to make it right. If/when I purchase another scope, I'll order more caps from Jon.

Mine came without black dust, but I do have a question.

The objective end fitted tight but fine. The ocular end however I cannot get on for the life of me. I push and pulled and tried everything, I pushed way harder than I wanted to on a optic that cost so much money. When I measured with my dial caliper the cap seems to be 6-8 thousandths tapered from front to rear. The rubber on the ocular just won't squeeze down that much.

Is it me or the cap? Anyone ever ran into this?

Mine came without black dust, but I do have a question.

The objective end fitted tight but fine. The ocular end however I cannot get on for the life of me. I push and pulled and tried everything, I pushed way harder than I wanted to on a optic that cost so much money. When I measured with my dial caliper the cap seems to be 6-8 thousandths tapered from front to rear. The rubber on the ocular just won't squeeze down that much.

Is it me or the cap? Anyone ever ran into this?

FYI, I emailed Jon he said it is too tight and he will send me another. Great caps Great service.

Thanks Jon.