• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report AB Kestrel and the Data Book

NevadaZielmeister

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2013
Northern Nevada
I have been using the AB Kestrel for 2 months and just completed the 2014 Sniper's Hide Cup with it. It was DEAD ON THE ENTIRE TIME. So now I find myself wondering why I even need to fill out my data book since the Kestrel is right every darn time, no need for adjustments. I also think about why I used a data book: to register prior DOPE in calculating my future DOPE. Right? I might be missing something here, but with an FDAC backup, I am just not sure I need to enter in the data anymore when I already have the correct data ready to use on the AB Kestrel.

So my question is to AB Kestrel owners only: Do you even write into your Data Book anymore? If yes, then why?

Still keep certain information in my data book such as cold bore data and round counts. Keep a separate book for load development.

I have been using the AB Kestrel for 2 months and just completed the 2014 Sniper's Hide Cup with it. It was DEAD ON THE ENTIRE TIME. So now I find myself wondering why I even need to fill out my data book since the Kestrel is right every darn time, no need for adjustments. I also think about why I used a data book: to register prior DOPE in calculating my future DOPE. Right? I might be missing something here, but with an FDAC backup, I am just not sure I need to enter in the data anymore when I already have the correct data ready to use on the AB Kestrel.

So my question is to AB Kestrel owners only: Do you even write into your Data Book anymore? If yes, then why?

It is important to know how to fly the plane when the auto pilot malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk