• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AB Mobile

rybe390

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Hey folks!

I have some questions about the AB Mobile app, after having used an AB kestrel.

Does anyone know if there is a way to either:
-Use 2 wind speeds, so you can use 0mph and 10 mph, to remove aerodynamic jump from your elevation correction?
OR
-Turn aerodynamic jump off in the calculator?

When pulling hard data from the app to either put on 3x5 cards or export, I have to do it twice, once with no wind for my correct elevation, and once with wind for a wind speed. It's more of an annoyance than anything, but it's real. Is there any way to get the app to mimic the kestrel with having multiple wind speeds to remove AJ from elevation?

I don't believe so. Some of us have been asking for an option to switch the AJ component of the solution off like Coriolis and Spin Drift for a while.

We are looking into this for our next update, which we anticipate will be rather large and implement a good number of feature requests.
Good to hear this!

The AJ being always on is something semi-annoying when doing data confirmation/truing, so bring able to turn it off would be great. Only way to do that now is with zero wind value.

Now, if we want to talk wish list features... Multiple DA outputs with a la carte outputs IE output da of 2,000 to 10,000 in 1,000 foot jumps, and only show elevation, wind, and muzzle velocity. You could output just one excel file after truing data and be done.

Good to hear this!

The AJ being always on is something semi-annoying when doing data confirmation/truing, so bring able to turn it off would be great. Only way to do that now is with zero wind value.

Now, if we want to talk wish list features... Multiple DA outputs with a la carte outputs IE output da of 2,000 to 10,000 in 1,000 foot jumps, and only show elevation, wind, and muzzle velocity. You could output just one excel file after truing data and be done.

AJ is critical to a proper calibration. From a technical standpoint you never want it at 0, and you want the bias removed from your zero.

DA would be less precise than just calculating based off of true atmospherics. DA doesn't account for the speed of sound, and can be skewed. We were able to pull DA from two different locations in the world which were actually the same but resulted in a missed target if used at the high altitude location that day to keep it short.

AJ is critical to a proper calibration. From a technical standpoint you never want it at 0, and you want the bias removed from your zero.

DA would be less precise than just calculating based off of true atmospherics. DA doesn't account for the speed of sound, and can be skewed. We were able to pull DA from two different locations in the world which were actually the same but resulted in a missed target if used at the high altitude location that day to keep it short.
Absolutely understand the math and science behind why you want to incorporate this information into the truing and data gathering process.

I suppose what I'm requesting here is that you may be able to turn it off, for when outputting large amounts of data. I prefer to run hard data, and you have to pull two data sets. One without wind for drop without AJ, and one with wind for proper 10mph wind values.

The pie in the sky idea would be to output at multiple, user input DA values at the same time, to get all your data out of the calculators in one swoop. Jbm ballistics has the trajectory card output with multiple DA values. If AB had that functionality, I could go out, true data with the calculator, go home, output the full DA suite I choose, and have hard data that is confirmed and able to print in like 5 minutes.

Edit to add that outputs being user selected would be amazing. If you could just get drop in mil and wind in mil, or add TOF, but skip everything in inches, remaining velocity, etc etc, it'd be helpful. Export it all if you want, but having the choice to pare it down would be great too.

Thanks for taking the input or at least having the conversation. I see serious value in that feature set and others who run hard data would likely agree.

Last edited:

Any news about this update @DocUSMCRetired ?
TIA