• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AB Profile loader on a Mac

Shanerbanner10

Primer Denter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I do not have access to a PC, could someone please walk me through a free way to run the profile loader and AB software to update my kestrel on a mac? I know it can be done and I have tried a couple ways, but am missing something.

I don't know if there would be a truly free way of doing it, other than borrowing a buddy's Window's machine. I update mine through a Window's running Toshiba I bought on the cheap specifically for the purpose. I could also do it on my Mac, I have Windows running on it via VMWare for IT classes, but I highly doubt you can get it for free through any credible sources as neither VMWare nor of course Windows isn't freeware without being associated with your company/school as a free option.

Thanks man. I can most likely get the programs needed "one way or another." I just don't really understand how to do it on a program like WineBottler or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried those mini-package OS converter type apps on my Mac, they weren't all that great a few years ago when I ran into the same problem and have since solved it with what I wrote above, but the worst it can do is waste an hour of your time and put you back where you started from.

If you do give it a try, make sure you download it from the actual developer website ( http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ ) not one of the download type sites (macupdate, cnet, etc) as those are nothing but a farm for trojan horse malware and spyware. That and have an AV running, firewall enabled and a recent Time Machine backup if you don't already, always good practices anyhow. Then again, I'm a bit overprotective, I don't know how I would get along with having to use fucking tapatalk only to view the Hide if my Mac went down, not to mention classwork.

We have a much better version of the profile loader coming out next month. I currently have it, and I am testing it. It has native versions for both Mac and PC. Some pretty big changes are coming to the profile loader, and this version is much better refined than past ones.

We have a much better version of the profile loader coming out next month. I currently have it, and I am testing it. It has native versions for both Mac and PC. Some pretty big changes are coming to the profile loader, and this version is much better refined than past ones.

Doc, my birthday is tomorrow. Wanna send it to me as a birthday gift? I'll test it for ya!

No can do, I expect a release date of around the last week in July. But you guys are going to enjoy this update.
    Will this new profile loader also work for the AB4500 BT Kestrels as well as be macOS compatible and function with the native BT hardware found on Macbook Pros?

For the impatient, install wine.

1. Download and install Xquartz, then reboot
    2. Download and install wine stable
    3. Download the ABloader.exe
    4. ABLoader.exe should now have a wine icon. Double click and run. wine will need to load .NET libraries from MS, say yes.
    5. Once the all files are extracted, you should have a folder called AB Profile Loader - Build 60, under that there will be a folder called Files and a file called ABLoader.exe. Double click that file to get AB Profile Loader to run.

I have had no issues so far. Running a MacbookPro MacOS 10.13.5

Last edited:
    Not to revive an old thread, but did the Mac Profile Loader ever get developed? I cant seem to find it anywhere online.

Not to revive an old thread, but did the Mac Profile Loader ever get developed? I cant seem to find it anywhere online.
    It was not released, the instructions above other than the AB build number should still work.
    Alternatives are:
    BootCamp and install Windows 10 there
    Paid Parallels or VMware Fusion and install Windows there
    Free VirtualBox and install Windows there (can use 10 for free just can't customize the desktop without paying and activating).

Reactions: Hawkguy29