• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Abel Co Theorem L (Worth the wait!)

tlg308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2010
United States
Finally got a chance to shoot the Theorem L and wow, I’m impressed. Luckily I was able to grab one of these when they first came out and have been curious how it was going to preform. Using my Tac Ops can (IYKYK) as a “standard” I sent 70 rounds on steel at 500 meters going back and forth between the two. I would shoot 3-5 rounds with one can and then 3-5 with the other checking POI change. Once zeroed at 500 meters there was a difference of .4 mils elevation between the 2 cans, which I attribute to the Tac Ops being a little heavier. Each time I screwed the Theorem on I’d dial .4 up, pull the trigger and have the SAME impact as before. Obviously it helps having a rifle that can do that, but it was cool to go between both cans and just dial the difference and be hitting a 6” target on first round. Sound performance the Tac Ops suppressor has been the quietest I’ve been able to shoot since now. Comparing the two by ear is just too hard though. They both are stupid quiet and the Theorem is only slightly bigger in size. The Tac Ops can probably has the lowest tone in a suppressor I’ve used to date. I was really happy to notice the Theorem had a nice low tone maybe not quite as low as the Tac Ops, but it’s splitting hairs between the two. I do think the recoil impulse was a little softer with the Theorem.

Something that really impresses me was the fit and finish of the Theorem (even the packaging is super high end). The machining is crazy nice. As a very amateur machinist seeing the surface finish they’re able to achieve on the baffles is very impressive. The thread fit is so nice. No grainy feel screwing in the HUB adapter or end cap (unlike some other popular manufactures) just super smooth. There’s a reason why these cans are pricey because they must have a intensive QC process.

Over all I’m super impressed and will be running the Theorem L in my upcoming matches.

I think if you’re looking for a suppressor with precision and performance in mind grab a Theorem L.. because it will do both of those just quietly :p

143BC597-5AC9-415A-BC2E-C7AD9A32DEC3.jpeg
5AC1B5A9-EBD9-473E-B687-70CE49AD7387.jpeg

Great review, and dead sexy test rifle 😍

I have the Biscuit (I believe you do as well), along with a TacOps titanium suppressor. Both very excellent suppressors in their own ways, both very high quality.

I would love a Theorem-L to add to my collection. I need a suppressor for my .300NM, and the Theorem-L fits the bill nicely.

Would like to hear your thoughts on how the Theorem-L compares to the biscuit. Obviously it's a lot quieter, but how do the recoil impulses compare?

Reactions: Balor and tlg308
@kthomas thanks man! I think a Theorem L would be amazing on a .300NM. I saw a couple guys from Abel used them at the NF ELR match and won.

Recoil impulse I’m not sure which one is better and maybe they’re the same. I’d have to shoot them side by side to maybe see. For what I do, which is 90% bolt gun stuff the Theorem L is money. If I was looking for a hard use can then I would be leaning towards a Biscuit Over the Theorem just because the Biscuit is 17-4.

Reactions: kthomas