• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ? About threading a barrel.

Bullet Pusher

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2013
TX.
Ok,this might be a dumb ? but waiting on my 30-p1 goin on my sps tac 223 and I need to get my barrel threaded.So could I have it threaded for 5/8-24 or does it have to be 1/2-24.I just do not know if there would be a alinement problem thanks.

If your 30P-1 is 5/8-24 then Id just have it threaded 5/8. If you ever want to get a dedicated 22 cal can though you may choose to do 1/2-28 and use an adapter.

Let me know if you need somebody to thread it, 2 day turnaround.

Will do,going to order the xlr element tomorrow so once everything comes together I will pm u thanks.

JONADDIS-- I am getting my first 30p1. I am nervous about the threading of my barrels. I see a few people having some difficulty with this process on their rifles. TBAS has a spec page. What questions need to be asked of a gunsmith?? How much is a fair price? Any advice?

Last edited:
Only issue is if there will be enough shoulder left on the barrel if using the larger thread pattern. Look up the thread specs on thunderbeast website and measure the od of your barrel.