• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors About to take the plunge on a 308 can

jwsnydes

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
South Dakota
www.snipershide.com
I am looking at a M30-A

Can (no pun intended) anyone give me a better option with the below options?

Things I decided I must have in this can
-User serviceable
-Direct Thread mounted
-300 Win Mag rated

The only thing I'm not 100% sure on is that there is a spring in front of the baffle stack that people have some conflicting reports on the material and durability at high temperatures. Also I'm not sure if it is also user replaceable.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Re: About to take the plunge on a 308 can

The 30p-1 is not. Must have missed the part of user serviceable in your post. I only look for that feature in .22 cans. I don't find it necessary for anything larger. May I ask why you want a user serviceable can that is not a .22 can?

There are more desirable features on the TBAC that outweigh the m30a. Like weight. The TBAC is 12oz+/- lighter than the m30a, but adds 1.1 more inches. The user serviceability is pretty low on my list of desired features for a can.
Hey, you might have a good reason why you want it though.

(I am not associated with TBAC in any way, just a consumer of their products)

What host will you primarily be using the can on? If you are going with a rifle that can put out a high volume of fire. Then titanium is probably not the best way to go. But, a Precision/Long-range rifle, bolt or semi-auto, the 30p-1 is golden.

I just never want to have to send it in for cleaning. That is why I was looking that way. I do see now that the HTG is very very heavy.

This is going on a custom built AR-10 18 inch heavy barrel.

The term "user serviceable" has come to mean "take apart", when that is not what the words really mean.

There is no "service" that anyone does - user or manufacturer - on a 30P-1 or 30BA that requires taking it apart; thus our cans are as "user serviceable" as anything. They can be very effectively cleaned without taking anything apart.

For comments on welded/sealed vs. take apart and cleaning, see this tech note
http://www.thunderbeastarms.com/forum/threads/do-i-need-to-clean-my-suppressor-how-often.4/

thanks

I have never seen the need to clean rifle cans. Over time, the baffles will degrade and they will get louder. Some manufacturers specifically recommend against you cleaning the baffles.. saying to only clean the threads. They say that the build-up can be beneficial. Not sure why. I don't know of any centerfire can that can be taken apart by the user. But then again, I don't know every can on the market.

When I bought my 1st can, the dealer (Adco Firearms) told me the same information.

Go with a SAS Arbitor. Sound GREAT, Titanium, light weight and inexpensive. They can be purchased through Mile High which is a site sponsor.

+1!! great product<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go with a SAS Arbitor. Sound GREAT, Titanium, light weight and inexpensive. They can be purchased through Mile High which is a site sponsor.</div></div>

^^^^+1
Give David at Shark a call. Great guy and great product. And he's local!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give David at Shark a call. Great guy and great product. And he's local! </div></div>

Local? To South Dakota?

30BA or the O2 Shadow XL Ti... you don't need to service a can unless your gonna put ass loads of subs and 22 ammo through it... i have thousands of rounds down mine, and i don't plan on any service... but suppression.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thundertrap ! </div></div>

+1 Thundertrap THOR TI

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thundertrap ! </div></div>

+1

Thanks for the feedback everyone, you helped me make what I feel is a better choice than I was originally going to make.

Zak Smith will be happy to know that I decided on a Thunderbeast Arms 30cal. Sharks were also very nice, but I ended on the TBAC.

Now on to the wait!