• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Absolute Best Fixed Power Scope?

utnapishtim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Okay, so I know I'm going to get some negative feedback about this, as variables, today, are quite good. I just have a preference for a nice 10X scope for range play.

Here's the order of importance for me:

1 - Glass
2 - Durability
3 - Mil/Mil with repeatable adjustments
4 - A good ranging reticle

I've considered looking for a nice ST-10 or maybe a Leupy, but I'm really looking for some input from some hide members who've been there and done that with fixed power.

Thanks for your time.

My vote: S&B PMII 10x42. I came very close to purchasing one a week ago. As an owner of some good variable power stuff; I was equally enamored by the PMII when handling it and looking through it. They are simple, light and offer 13 mils of elevation on a single turn turret. USO ST-10s are also fantastic.

Last edited:
Well, if you just want something to use and you don't need boutique glass quality the super sniper 10X HD model is good. They are mil-mil and either mildot or MP8.

Otherwise the European 10x scopes are best followed by the USO 10x and then the Leupold offerings.

My vote: S&B PMII 10x42. I came very close to purchasing one a week ago. As an owner of some good variable power stuff; I was equally enamored by the PMII when handling it and looking through it. They are simple, light and offer 13 mils of elevation on a single turn turret. USO ST-10s are also fantastic.
These scopes are fantastic. If I had to choose "just one" fixed power scope, this would be it.

The old B&L Tactical 10x. Crystal clear and 144 MOA of travel. Wish they still manufactured them

I really like my USO ST-10 and recommend it. In fact I just got a USO SN-3 3.2-17x to replace it, and I'm having a hard time actually taking the ST-10 off the rifle I like it so much. I like USO glass and reticles much better than Leupold. No experience with the S&B.

Last edited: