• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories for MDT ACC Chassis

pewpew300WM

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2019
West Central PA
Anyone purchased the weibad cheek piece for their mdt acc? I’ve been looking and only seem to find that company making cheek pieces for it. I wasn’t sure how the quality and overall fit was.

If you don't like it, I will buy it from you.

Attachments

• 622F357A-0DD8-46CF-9C4B-84D73047F6D2.jpeg
    622F357A-0DD8-46CF-9C4B-84D73047F6D2.jpeg
    695.2 KB · Views: 315
I've used one on my AI for years. Very comfortable and durable over 1000's of rounds.

Only issue is it adds thickness and width, so you will likely end up needing to lower the cheekpiece and possibly moving it laterally to retain proper head/eye position without craning your neck.

Reactions: pewpew300WM
I've used one on my AI for years. Very comfortable and durable over 1000's of rounds.

Only issue is it adds thickness and width, so you will likely end up needing to lower the cheekpiece and possibly moving it laterally to retain proper head/eye position without craning your neck.
I am still waiting for my razor to come so I haven't even set my chassis up. I did a mock fitment with my current setup to see how I liked the chassis system. I also went with a mpa ba mount so i'll have to see where everything lines up at.

I've been running one on my Dasher for almost exactly a year now and I am a huge fan. Shot it in the rain, snow, dust, dirt, etc. and it has held up very well. The guys at Weibad did a great job in my opinion.

Josh

I've been running one on my Dasher for almost exactly a year now and I am a huge fan. Shot it in the rain, snow, dust, dirt, etc. and it has held up very well. The guys at Weibad did a great job in my opinion.

Josh
How well does it repel the water? I was worried about it soaking it up

I haven't had any issues personally as the top cover is fairly good at repelling water. It's not waterproof, but it's no sponge either.

Yes, Matt at Hoptic makes some great products too: https://www.hopticusa.com/all-products
And Armageddon gear also makes a cover: https://www.armageddongear.com/Cheeky-Bastard_p_129.html

Josh
I haven’t shot to see how I like the cheek piece itself but I’m assuming it’d be nicer with a cover of some sort. I only went with a 1.06 mount and 20 moa so I’m hoping I can adjust the cheek rise low enough.

I haven’t shot to see how I like the cheek piece itself but I’m assuming it’d be nicer with a cover of some sort. I only went with a 1.06 mount and 20 moa so I’m hoping I can adjust the cheek rise low enough.

Fair enough and I think that the cheek rest works fine for most people, it all just depends on your typical usage and cheek weld.

Again, depending on your cheek-weld, you should have no issues adjusting the cheek-riser down to see through your scope just fine :)

Josh

Fair enough and I think that the cheek rest works fine for most people, it all just depends on your typical usage and cheek weld.

Again, depending on your cheek-weld, you should have no issues adjusting the cheek-riser down to see through your scope just fine :)

Josh
I went from a sendero with a kydex cheek rise to this acc chassis so it’ll be somewhat similar feeling for cheek support

Reactions: MDT_Josh
As some have mentioned in here, check out the Hoptic USA cheek pad.

Though I don't have a MDT, I do have a Wiebad stock pad on my McM A5 stock and a Hoptic USA one on my JAE's. I think I prefer the Hoptic USA ones, but both are good products.

fitment looks great and they look well worth the $40. Have you shot in the rain or snow with it?

I have shot with it in rain a lot, but not snow - not much snow in TX, and i'm going to stay inside if it is, lol. Like samb300 stated you will gain 1/8" in height, and it will add 1/8' to the width as well. This doesn't bother me on my MDT's or most chassis - but does make me roll my head a little on more traditional style stocks - McMillan, Manners, Foundation.

As some have mentioned in here, check out the Hoptic USA cheek pad.

Though I don't have a MDT, I do have a Wiebad stock pad on my McM A5 stock and a Hoptic USA one on my JAE's. I think I prefer the Hoptic USA ones, but both are good products.
I’ll definitely check them out. Thanks

I have shot with it in rain a lot, but not snow - not much snow in TX, and i'm going to stay inside if it is, lol. Like samb300 stated you will gain 1/8" in height, and it will add 1/8' to the width as well. This doesn't bother me on my MDT's or most chassis - but does make me roll my head a little on more traditional style stocks - McMillan, Manners, Foundation.
I’m hoping I have enough adjustment in the acc since I went with mpa 1.06 and a razor gen 2 it’ll be pretty low as it is. If needed I’ll just go the the mpa 1.25 setup.

I'm using the Hoptic pad on my MDT ACC and I like the comfort of it. I have low rings as well...but I have high cheek bones....so I can get down really low on the rifle and still look awesome.....now...time to go wash my hair and make sure my outfit matches my Cerakote. :)

I'm using the Hoptic pad on my MDT ACC and I like the comfort of it. I have low rings as well...but I have high cheek bones....so I can get down really low on the rifle and still look awesome.....now...time to go wash my hair and make sure my outfit matches my Cerakote. :)
Yeah I’m just awaiting my razor to arrive so I can begin setting it up.

Same issue with mine on my Oryx, sides pulled up. Just put the second one on, but looking for a better option.

Josh

Weibad list two for MDT, one for the ESS and one for the ACC. Any idea what the difference in pad is between the two as the cheekpieces look pretty simliar to me from the MDT website. I have an LSS-RF Gen2 and am trying to figure out which Weibad will suit it best. Have one on my AI and I agree they are great.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Weibad list two for MDT, one for the ESS and one for the ACC. Any idea what the difference in pad is between the two as the cheekpieces look pretty simliar to me from the MDT website. I have an LSS-RF Gen2 and am trying to figure out which Weibad will suit it best. Have one on my AI and I agree they are great.

You will need to call in and give measurements for a custom one. They Mini Stock Pads really only fit the stock that they are designed for well.

That is a good question and I will have to check with David on that. They started making the mini stock pads just as we were about to release the ACC and we were in the process of transitioning a lot of our cheek rests to a new style of injection moulded ones. If you were to order from Weibad now, I would suggest just ordering the one for the ACC, or giving them a call/email to confirm the dimensions they have on file :)

Josh

Reactions: littlepod
I will present Blac Tactical cheek rest protection in another topic (I am unable to delete the present post)

Last edited:
Hey Bud - do these go on the below type as well?

View attachment 7672980
That is a good question and not something I had tried during my testing, so time to electronically test it!

I have a few initial concerns (just by looking at the model):
  1. The screw spacing is a little off, which could be solved by a dremel and a little patience
    1627323730098.png
  2. The bigger concern is that the offset for the SCS cheekriser is very far skewed to one side, meaning that you'd need to tile the carriage over on the buffer tube to properly align your head behind your scope
    1627323817166.png
So, long story short; I wouldn't recommend putting our elite cheek piece on the SCS, however, it is probably doable if you really want to.

Hope this helps,
Josh!

@MDT_Josh Are the ACC buttstock recoil dampeners going to be released anytime soon? I see the team shooters pretty much all have them, but haven't heard when they're actually coming out.