• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accu Tac Bipod?

bikner83

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2020
Anyone have any thoughts on that Accu Tac Bipods? Interested in buying one just not sure which one I should get. Looking at running it on a ARCA rail. And where might be the best place/price to purchase one. Mainly shoot off bench but wouldn’t mind trying out PRS. Thanks for all the help in advance.

I like my SR5 Gen2. I find it much easier to deploy than my Atlas, especially one handed. Seems sturdier too, although I've never had any issues w/ my PRS. Better locking mechanism for cant but no pan though with the AT. It's definitely heavier than the Atlas PRS.

Reactions: bikner83
i'm using the SR-5 G2 (larger than the BR). commented in another thread earlier.
while it does offer greater height and width, it isn't much taller than my harris/larue bipod when the legs are at 45 degrees.

M6Lj1jd.jpg

Reactions: bikner83
Make sure you locktite the rubber feet as they have a tendency to loosen up and are very easy to loose in the field. Other than that they are great. I sell quite a few of them and personally like them because of how easy they are to deploy and adjust.

I have one on a 338 LM.

Pros: Bombproof, very well made, no snaggy exterior springs (or slop) like the Harris, locks solidly into multiple leg angles.

Cons: A little heavy (but not as bad as some, and certainly field-portable); internal spring retracts legs, rather than extending them - this is the value in something like the Tier One bipod, where depressing the spring lever means the legs will extend out, for one-handed adjustment and levelling.

I’m a big fan of the BR-4 G2. I switched the springs out on the legs on mine to a lighter weight spring. It makes it much easier to deploy.

The BR4 G2 is pretty tits. I only wish they would use a different handle/knob for the arca mount.

My br4 just came in last week. So far it seems pretty solid. Havent really had much time to play with it or get behind it yet but soon Very soon