• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Accupoint TR21 fiber optic

Doctawho

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Just received a Trijicon Accupoint TR21 1-4x scope. I noticed when I was at my covered bench, that there wasn't enough light to light up my triangle. When I was out in the open, the triangle would light up under direct sunlight but when I moved under a small 2x4 blocking the sun, the reticle went dark.

Is this normal for Accupoints or is it maybe just the TR21? I shoot primarily in covered stations and I would like a lit reticle. Would the TR24 or ACOG light up without direct sunlight or should I go with a battery powered Vortex PST or Leupold VX-R? I'd really prefer an Accupoint.

Re: Accupoint TR21 fiber optic

Do you have the Fiber optic fully exposed? ( there is a ring that you can rotate that will expose more or less of the fiber optic as needed).