• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Accupoint TR23 or?

SigTauJohn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2011
KC, MO
Never knew there was so many options for optics till i started reading all these threads. I just thought Leupold was one of the highest and Nightforce was the best... how little I knew! My top choice would still be a NF NXS 3.5-15x50 but I dont have $1500 for a scope. I basically want a variable power ending around 14-16x and has a mil dot reticle and reliable adjustable turrets. Of course having good glass is important too. I thought Leupold Mark4 but I dont have a $grand either. the Trijicon accupoint TR23 5-20x50 i can get around $900, which is getting closer to my price range. I wish they had a variable range 5-16 or so that would be a little cheaper. I could do 7-800 and not feel to bad about it but less would be good. Is it possible to get a Leupold VX-3 with the range I want and have the mildot reticle and adjustable turrets added on? Im new to this world of optics. I dont want any 200-300 price range crap scopes. This would be for hunting and long range plinkn. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Accupoint TR23 or?

First of all...What is the gun? & What do you consider long range plinking??

Trijicons are fine scopes and are one of the best under 1K IMHO. When you look through one the glass is amazingly clear and the fiber optic retiles are nice!

Sorry about that. I recently bought a Rem 700 SPS tact AAC-SD .308 for some big game hinting and some longer range fun. I dont have a whole lot of places to shoot the long stuff but hoping to find some places to get out to 3-500 yards. I know thats not really long range to a lot of people on here but it will be for me as I am learning!

I use that scope on a rock river 308 AR for short to medium range precision shooting and I think it's an outstanding scope. I think the glass beats a Mark 4, especially in low light. Where the crosshairs intersect is the only point that is
illuminated. Great for fast acquisition, but limits milling in some lighting conditions. Based on your intended use, I think it would be a great buy.

What is the max elevation adjustment on the TR23?

I've been looking and I can't find it anywhere, but have read a few things about them having VERY LITTLE elevation adjustment.

If you know how much adjustment the TR22 and TR20 have I'd love to hear that also...

If you have a 20 MOA base, you'll be able to get to 1000 yards with it. That is also with a 100 yard zero. Friend has one on his 5R and we have shot it out to 1000 yds with no problem.

I believe the tr23 has 46 MOA on elevation. So the canted base will be needed for long shots.

ccoker - I see that alot, but i havent figured out why thats a big deal...