• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International 2.0 installation problems

Oham1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I recently got a AICS 2.0 and I tried to install it into my Rem 700 and for some reason the front screw touches my bolt and it does not even hit #20 on my torque wrench. Did it come with the wrong bolts or is my torque wrench broken?

Re: Accuracy International 2.0 installation problems

I was looking at an AICS 2.0 rifle from a reputable builder the other day and they had simply used a flat washer with the front action screw to provide the proper spacing. I would imagine that it would also add some good strength to the system as well rather than just the cap head screw pulling against the aluminum chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you switch the screws around? </div></div>

I got it used and the previous owner put the screws in the holes and put some tape behind so they would not fall. I put them in where he did in the stock. He probably mixed them up when he took them out.

I'm pretty sure both screws are the same length
and mine both have washers.

Where can I get new screws and washers? Can someone give me some information on that? Thank You.

SRT or Mile High Shooting in CO. Probably only cost you a couple dollars. If that does not fix it post an update.

JamieD

AI Stocks and Accessories

If you're missing a part from an AICS, I'd suggest contacting AINA directly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oham1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where can I get new screws and washers? Can someone give me some information on that? Thank You. </div></div>

Mile High Shooting Accessories... milehighshooting.com

303-255-9999

I don't see why you couldn't go down to the local hardware store and pick up a couple of socket head cap screws and washers. You might have to shorten to fit.

I'm pretty sure both screws are the same length
and mine both have washers.
How thick is the washers? Im searching for what kind of washers to go with on my chassis. Bought used without washers..