• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AE MKII vs AICS Clone

Re: Accuracy International AE MKII vs AICS Clone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dick is bigger than yours!!! </div></div>

yours may be bigger but mine is more reliable!!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dick is bigger than yours!!! </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

That's some funny shit right there... : )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dick is bigger than yours!!! </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

But mine is a full custom!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dick is bigger than yours!!! </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

But mine is a full custom! </div></div>

full custom just means it wasnt good enough out of the box!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never underestimate the AE... back with the Mk1 there were differences, not anymore.

As well I am pretty sick and tired of the custom actions not standing up to use and abuse, especially for the money.

AE - No wait, out of the box performance, not to mention, it's an Accuracy International, <span style="font-weight: bold">everything else -- isn't.</span>

In the last 7 days I mailed a custom Nesika K Model in an AICS to GAP because after 12,000 rounds <span style="text-decoration: underline"> the action was completely shit, basically unserviceable,</span> and Saturday I signed over a new AE Mk 2, ought to say something right there about custom versus... not to mention the 5 page post on the subject last month. </div></div>

Couldn't agree more. If you are hard on your rifle in the field (read: Not a safe queen) and you want a reliable rifle ...AI is the one IMO. You will NEVER be disappointed with an AI.

This thread reminds me of the machine tool salesguys that come by our machine shop and tote there products as "its a Mori Seiki copy" OK...Bye!
wink.gif

Customs are great, I have a few, but I could have saved about a 3 yr learning curve by buying the AE 1st.

Trilogymac

The English "Top Gear" auto show did a great set of 2 episodes trying to see how indestructable a toyota hilux truck was. They crashed it into trees, took it down bad roads, dropped trailers on it, drove it through offices, set fire to it, let it get washed out to sea, put it on top of an apartment building and blew the building up etc (still ran by the way). Top Gear Hilux Part 2

What would be great is if AI would give someone an AW and an AE to do the same thing with, you know, use them hard, let them fall out of helicopters, run their tank over them, use them to dig their truck out of a hole, let it freeze into a solid block of ice in the arctic, take them apart, put them back together in the field, take them for a swim in the ocean, tunnel through some sand dunes with them use them as a club when you run out of ammo etc, and see exactly how much use and abuse they can take and still keep on going. (The point being not to figure out how to destroy the rifle, but to put it up against the most challenging situations you could ever face or crazy accidents and see if it still works.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The English "Top Gear" auto show did a great set of 2 episodes trying to see how indestructable a toyota hilux truck was. They crashed it into trees, took it down bad roads, dropped trailers on it, drove it through offices, set fire to it, let it get washed out to sea, put it on top of an apartment building and blew the building up etc (still ran by the way). Top Gear Hilux Part 2

What would be great is if AI would give someone an AW and an AE to do the same thing with, you know, use them hard, let them fall out of helicopters, run their tank over them, use them to dig their truck out of a hole, let it freeze into a solid block of ice in the arctic, take them apart, put them back together in the field, take them for a swim in the ocean, tunnel through some sand dunes with them use them as a club when you run out of ammo etc, and see exactly how much use and abuse they can take and still keep on going. (The point being not to figure out how to destroy the rifle, but to put it up against the most challenging situations you could ever face or crazy accidents and see if it still works.)</div></div>

All this has already been done, and proven beyond any doubt... it is people new to LR / Military Sniper Rifles that have the" Show Me" attitude and who are looking at the price, etc.

The destructive testing that has been done has been going on for years, these aren't new rifles - they are field tested - combat proven weapons systems. Mission specific built from the ground up. It's guys who like the idea of an AI, the name, who think they want one to impress the guys at the local range or to cross over with F Class or something. So they are asking for the justification against the custom built race guns in an AI stock...

I just sold an AICS and ordered an AIAE MkII. Guess I am about to see what all the excitement is about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dick is bigger than yours!!! </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

But mine is a full custom! </div></div>

full custom just means it wasnt good enough out of the box!
grin.gif
</div></div>

Tuche!

Jonathan -
Didn't I just email you that quote like a day ago?

"Buy once, cry once..."

I am still doing my research on the scopes... Just can't seem to make up my mind. The rifle was the easy part I suppose.

I have read this entire thread and all i can say is WOW! i cant really afford an AI so i guess ill throw away my remy and quit shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subdued</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have read this entire thread and all i can say is WOW! i cant really afford an AI so i guess ill throw away my remy and quit shooting.</div></div>

Based off your post I would agree, sounds like the perfect course of action.

that was sarcasm and just because i cant afford an AI now doesn't mean i'm going to simply quit shooting, my remy works fine for me for now. anyway i thought this site was a brotherhood of shooters sharing a common bond as well as opinions and knowledge not just a board where someone could go to get verbally abused.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jenko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jonathan -
Didn't I just email you that quote like a day ago?

"Buy once, cry once..."

I am still doing my research on the scopes... Just can't seem to make up my mind. The rifle was the easy part I suppose.
</div></div>

I think you did, but it's one I've learned the hard way before in the past
wink.gif

Past a certain point you just have to go with your judgment and accept that it'll work itself out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subdued</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that was sarcasm and just because i cant afford an AI now doesn't mean i'm going to simply quit shooting, my remy works fine for me for now. anyway i thought this site was a brotherhood of shooters sharing a common bond as well as opinions and knowledge not just a board where someone could go to get verbally abused. </div></div>

Maybe you should re-evaluate your post, or maybe re-read the thread. Nobody said anything more than a stock Remington is not up to the standard of an AI.

Nobody said anything derogatory against anyone shooting a Remington. So I suspect an issue with read comprehension

SRT Supply, i have an AICS, is there an attachment to fit a versa pod where the AI bi-pod goes?

dont take it out of context it has nothing with rifles, i dont care which one is better, my first post was merely a poke at everyone getting so heated over a this vs that topic. your reply to me was a little on the degrading side dont you think? what it all boils down to for me is regardless of what anyone says i LOVE to shoot and i use what i have, i will continue to learn all i can on the matter and as i can upgrade i will.

The way I see it, in a debate of this type, and when the thread winds down, someone with 40 posts coming on and adding nothing but sarcasm to the thread is the bigger problem.

Maybe we can start a Remington vs Savage debate, at least it won't be debating a $750 rifle vs a $4000+ one.

I honestly don't think you can say to yourself you added something to this thread. So in my mind you rated the response you got.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subdued</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> anyway i thought this site was a brotherhood of shooters sharing a common bond ......... </div></div>

You really should reserve your spot for the Annual Sniper's Hide Get-Together! We all sit arm in arm in a giant circle and sing "Kumbaya"-its AWESOME!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subdued</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not just a board where someone could go to get verbally abused. </div></div>

Really? You think that was abusive? You may need a little thicker hide around here brother....

no thin skin here, its just a difference of opinion, not wright or wrong, just different. out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subdued</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SRT Supply, i have an AICS, is there an attachment to fit a versa pod where the AI bi-pod goes?</div></div>

Yes there is, Versa-Pod part number 150-808.

I will say this, not everyone needs an AI nor can afford one, but that does not mean they should not be involved in shooting sports or should not consider upgrading to a finer machine at a later date. I personally own a "few" AI systems, AICS M700's, full custom M700 BCG builds and a few others. I am not by any means going to throw away my Remington's away and honestly they all have the place, purpose and meaningful place and applications. Some which has seen and shot some of my personal weapons understand what I mean. Buy once, cry once, can be said for many things like optics, suppressors, homes and cars. Many here will testify to the "Accuracy International proud ownership addiction" and trying to help others deal with this in many helpful ways. Have a great weekend.

I will say this, I have read this whole thread and I have been following it, and if there is one problem with an AI it is that after you shoot one you won't want to shoot anything else. They are that good.

After re-reading all of this I popped open the safe and grabbed the M700. I handled it, looked over the scratches, chipped paint and the worn bolt. I cycled the action and felt the smoothness earned from hours of time working the bolt. As always I feel a certain "something" about that rifle. It's "home".

It is a great rifle. I don't really have much I am not happy about.

I replaced it in its resting place and grabbed the AE. She still looks almost new. (just a few scuffs and scratches) I worked the bolt and was rewarded with a smoothness that the rifle had when it was new. The finish is now wearing off of the bolt lugs, but the action is still as smooth as I would expect with some dirt tolerance built in.

Looking at the big picture there is just no comparison.

Well said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After re-reading all of this I popped open the safe and grabbed the M700. I handled it, looked over the scratches, chipped paint and the worn bolt. I cycled the action and felt the smoothness earned from hours of time working the bolt. As always I feel a certain "something" about that rifle. It's "home".

It is a great rifle. I don't really have much I am not happy about.

I replaced it in its resting place and grabbed the AE. She still looks almost new. (just a few scuffs and scratches) I worked the bolt and was rewarded with a smoothness that the rifle had when it was new. The finish is now wearing off of the bolt lugs, but the action is still as smooth as I would expect with some dirt tolerance built in.

Looking at the big picture there is just no comparison. </div></div>

like ferrari vs corevtte.

bartlein 5R'S??

Damn,..all that we see in the UK are crap LW barrels on the AE and AW! Unless you source and finish a blank yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> bartlein 5R'S??

Damn,..all that we see in the UK are crap LW barrels on the AE and AW! Unless you source and finish a blank yourself.</div></div>

My "crap" Lothar barrel will print .3 MOA...I have a hard time being disappointed by that level of performance
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subdued</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no thin skin here, its just a difference of opinion, not wright or wrong, just different. out </div></div>

BTW wright is wrong
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> bartlein 5R'S??

Damn,..all that we see in the UK are crap LW barrels on the AE and AW! Unless you source and finish a blank yourself.</div></div>

My "crap" Lothar barrel will print .3 MOA...I have a hard time being disappointed by that level of performance
wink.gif
</div></div>

I get those same terrible results. Don't be fulled into believing that the factory barrels don't shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDECK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought AW rifles came with Border barrels.</div></div>

Nope,..some of the very early ones did but they where too expenisve. LW are standard fare certainly for UK supplied AE/AW and consistency has been a problem in the past ( as stated by Graham Clark, the UK agent).

LW steel is peculiar to them,...its a high manganese content stell that allows the button proces to work harden the bore as it passes the button thru. Its a cheap way to make barrels and can yield good results. The downside is the stell if a pig to machine, cannot be chemically blacked or nitrided etc.

Aa Bartlein or similar cut rifled barrel is in a different league.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never underestimate the AE... back with the Mk1 there were differences, not anymore.

As well I am pretty sick and tired of the custom actions not standing up to use and abuse, especially for the money.

AE - No wait, out of the box performance, not to mention, it's an Accuracy International, <span style="font-weight: bold">everything else -- isn't.</span>

In the last 7 days I mailed a custom Nesika K Model in an AICS to GAP because after 12,000 rounds <span style="text-decoration: underline"> the action was completely shit, basically unserviceable,</span> and Saturday I signed over a new AE Mk 2, ought to say something right there about custom versus... not to mention the 5 page post on the subject last month. </div></div>

what exactly wore out on the nesika that made it unserviceable? also, is this typical of other 700's and clones on the market to wear out that quickly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you notice that this was a year and a half old thread? </div></div>

Yeah...I was using the hide google search doing some research and it brings up older threads.

I didnt think actions have advanced that much in the last year and a half, so I thought it should still be relevant.