• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AI Magazine Issues

Browny

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
Texas
Hello All,

I recently obtained a custom bolt action built on an AI chassis. I am encountering issues with the magazines that came along with it.

The base plate seems to not have proper retention and will come out after firing one round relieving the magazine of all ammo and other internals.

Upon closer inspection there appears to be a notch/detent on the forward part of the plate that seems to be inadequate to the point where it will just slide out if shaken vigorously.

I did a quick search on the forum and found solutions along the lines of Gorilla tape, punching in the detent a bit harder etc.

My questions:

1) Is this a substantive prevalent issue related to age and use? I’ve seen it on the two magazines that I own thus far and I am wondering if this is just SOP for AI magazines? For reference I have never owned an AI product until now.

2) Fixes that last and don’t involve Gorilla tape 🤣? I am hesitant to punch that notch/detent, but if that is the only possibility I’ll give it a shot.

Are these actual AI AICS magazines or generic ones the previous owner bought? They should have the logo on the base plate.

My 2 AI brand AICS magazines are so tight that I've never bothered trying to disassemble them. Is it possible the seller bent the plates while trying to disassemble them?

As another option I sent in an AXSR mag to AI North America because it didn't like feeding 300 PRC. They gave me a new one after testing it, but it took a couple months and since those mags are like $130 it was worth it. However, everybody and their dog makes AICS pattern mags and they're pretty cheap, so maybe just buy another?

Or try the options you mentioned.

They are AI mags, do have the logo on the bottom.

I’ll check to see if the plates are warped, that did not occur to me.

Any recommendations on the after market ones for a 300 WM?
Are these actual AI AICS magazines or generic ones the previous owner bought? They should have the logo on the base plate.

My 2 AI brand AICS magazines are so tight that I've never bothered trying to disassemble them. Is it possible the seller bent the plates while trying to disassemble them?

As another option I sent in an AXSR mag to AI North America because it didn't like feeding 300 PRC. They gave me a new one after testing it, but it took a couple months and since those mags are like $130 it was worth it. However, everybody and their dog makes AICS pattern mags and they're pretty cheap, so maybe just buy another?

Or try the options you mentioned.

They are AI mags, do have the logo on the bottom.

I’ll check to see if the plates are warped, that did not occur to me.

Any recommendations on the after market ones for a 300 WM?
I have a few MDT mags for my 300win, they work fine on my RPR.

Reactions: Browny
I have used short action Accurate mags and had good results. I believe they are what Cadex recommends to use with their long and short action chassis' and rifles?

Here is who I reached out to at AI North Am. for help. It took a while, but they did get it squared away and threw like 20 stickers in the box 😂
[email protected]

Reactions: Browny
Thank you all. Gorilla tape for these for now. Will look for after market replacements moving forward.