• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Accuracy International AT Rifle AX Butt Conversion Pale Brown

For me the driving factor was quick adjustment in LOP and the height and cant adjustment in the buttstock. My LOP is long and my wife and daughter require 1-1/4 less.

I also like the the looks better. Since getting the new stock installed I prefer the cheek rest shape and overall ergonomics better than the standard AT stock.

I’ve never had a rifle fit me as well at my AT does with the AX stock.

ETA: I was able to offset some of the cost by selling my take off stock and skins in the PX.

I have less invested in my converted AT than an AX would have cost me (even a used one) and I have all the features of the AX that I want. I don’t care for the tube around the barrel and the mag cut out is no big deal.

For me it was worth it. If were buying new today I would pick up a non folder AT and an AX conversion stock and call it done.

Last edited:
Is this just a bolt on task or do you need to send this to a smith?

The stock is bolted and epoxied to the chassis. If you feel comfortable heating the chassis and tapping on the stock to get it off you can certainly do the conversion yourself. I did mine.

The stock is bolted and epoxied to the chassis. If you feel comfortable heating the chassis and tapping on the stock to get it off you can certainly do the conversion yourself. I did mine.

Thanks, do you have to re-epoxy upon install?

Here’s a pic of mine pretty easy to do.
5C68BC54-B398-410A-AD6F-D5D645AD7394.jpeg

For me the driving factor was quick adjustment in LOP and the height and cant adjustment in the buttstock. My LOP is long and my wife and daughter require 1-1/4 less.

I also like the the looks better. Since getting the new stock installed I prefer the cheek rest shape and overall ergonomics better than the standard AT stock.

I’ve never had a rifle fit me as well at my AT does with the AX stock.

ETA: I was able to offset some of the cost by selling my take off stock and skins in the PX.

I have less invested in my converted AT than an AX would have cost me (even a used one) and I have all the features of the AX that I want. I don’t care for the tube around the barrel and the mag cut out is no big deal.

For me it was worth it. If were buying new today I would pick up a non folder AT and an AX conversion stock and call it done.
What side does it fold over? I have a LH AT and my folder folds to the non-bolt side

What side does it fold over? I have a LH AT and my folder folds to the non-bolt side

To my knowledge they don’t offer a LH AX buttstock for the swap. The buttstock on my LH AX308 is actually mirrored from the RH version, so technically they are different.

What you’d have to do is de-bond the RH AX buttstock from the hinge itself, flip the orientation of the hinge, and re-bond the buttstock to it. Then bond that assembly to the AT. That will leave you with an AX buttstock that folds over the bolt on the left side.

Reactions: Empr_Hadrian
Mine folds over the bolt like it would on an AX. It is opposite of the original folder.

To my knowledge they don’t offer a LH AX buttstock for the swap. The buttstock on my LH AX308 is actually mirrored from the RH version, so technically they are different.

What you’d have to do is de-bond the RH AX buttstock from the hinge itself, flip the orientation of the hinge, and re-bond the buttstock to it. Then bond that assembly to the AT. That will leave you with an AX buttstock that folds over the bolt on the left side.

I don’t want it to fold over on the bolt. It doesn’t do that today...is there anything else on this particular buttstock that would prevent it from being used by a southpaw

I don’t believe there is anything that would prevent it from working on a LH rifle.

If you wanted to use the QD socket that’s currently in front of the folding section you would not be able to install the latch socket for the AX stock.

If you look at my rifle the QD socket is directly across from the stock latch socket.

I had problems getting my head down low enough with my adm mount so I bought the 1.89 high Spuhr that mile high had a demo sale on. A lower mount would probably work but that’s what they had and I would rather raise the cheek rest than buy another mount cause it’s to low.

Reactions: Badfinger

From the photos I've seen the RH AX stock folds to the right, whereas the LH AT stock also folds to the right. I realize this makes the rifle wider when folded, but honestly I care very little about folded width and I could imagine some advantages to have the bolt handle unobstructed.

Other than the folding, the AX stock is otherwise symmetric right? It doesn't prefer a RH shooter? Because oddly enough I am also a LH shooter.

Height doesn't concern me too much, I put the NV scope rail on so my cheek riser is already very tall.

I don’t believe there is anything that would prevent it from working on a LH rifle.

If you wanted to use the QD socket that’s currently in front of the folding section you would not be able to install the latch socket for the AX stock.

If you look at my rifle the QD socket is directly across from the stock latch socket.

Just to clarify, you mean you wouldn't be able to fold the stock with a sling attached there right?

Last edited:
From the photos I've seen the RH AX stock folds to the right, whereas the LH AT stock also folds to the right. I realize this makes the rifle wider when folded, but honestly I care very little about folded width and I could imagine some advantages to have the bolt handle unobstructed.

Other than the folding, the AX stock is otherwise symmetric right? It doesn't prefer a RH shooter? Because oddly enough I am also a LH shooter.

Height doesn't concern me too much, I put the NV scope rail on so my cheek riser is already very tall.

Just to clarify, you mean you wouldn't be able to fold the stock with a sling attached there right?

The stock would still fold. My guess is you would have to pull the retainer stub off the stock. The AT and AX stock have the same type keepers. They are just located in different locations.

So with a folding AT, are we just heating the portion where the folder is to change it out or the entire action?

The stock would still fold. My guess is you would have to pull the retainer stub off the stock. The AT and AX stock have the same type keepers. They are just located in different locations.

OK I think I understand what you're saying.

Another question: Is the stock symmetric for left and right handed shooters? Like does the cheek piece favor a righty or is somehow not ambi in any way?

The cheek piece is symmetrical and adjusts side to side. The QD swivel is ambidextrous, and the butt plate is infinitely adjustable for height and cant within its adjustment range. There should be no issues using the stock left handed.

Really the latching mechanism/QD cup would be the only “issue” I could foresee with it on a lefty rifle.

ETA. The height adjustment knob on the cheek piece MIGHT interfere with a left handed cheek weld.

ETA2 the the rifle in the picture of victor company’s new AX rail is a left handed AX. The stock is the same as a right handed AX just the folding mechanism has been flipped so that it folds to the bolt handle side.

Last edited:
ETA. The height adjustment knob on the cheek piece MIGHT interfere with a left handed cheek weld.

ETA2 the the rifle in the picture of victor company’s new AX rail is a left handed AX. The stock is the same as a right handed AX just the folding mechanism has been flipped so that it folds to the bolt handle side.

Thanks. I do see that the cheek rest knob is on the left side on the LH AX stock, which is opposite the RH stock.

Any way to just flip the knob from right side to left side? Maybe unthread it all the way and thread it in from the other side? That would sure as hell make sense from a manufacturing perspective.

I prefer right folding on a lefty rifle, but do see why that knob might get in the way.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks. I do see that the cheek rest knob is on the left side on the LH AX stock, which is opposite the RH stock.

Any way to just flip the knob from right side to left side? Maybe unthread it all the way and thread it in from the other side? That would sure as hell make sense from a manufacturing perspective.

I prefer right folding on a lefty rifle, but do see why that knob might get in the way.

Appreciate the help.

The knob for the cheek rest seems to be the same for both left and right stocks. I doubt there would be an issue, but I’m basing my assumption on pictures. I don’t think that knob is reversible.

If the right side folding isn’t an issue then the only thing you’d have to decide is whether you want a QD socket on the right or the keeper to restrain the stock folder. Well then there’s the cost and the fact you’re pioneering the conversion on a LH AT.

You’re quite welcome.

The knob for the cheek rest seems to be the same for both left and right stocks. I doubt there would be an issue, but I’m basing my assumption on pictures. I don’t think that knob is reversible.

Not sure what you mean, comparing your photo (RH AX stock) and the Victor company photo (LH AX stock), the knob is on opposite sides, which leads me to believe it might be an issue (otherwise why would they bother)

Can anyone with an AX stock use it "wrong handed" and see if that knob gets in the way?

Not sure what you mean, comparing your photo (RH AX stock) and the Victor company photo (LH AX stock), the knob is on opposite sides, which leads me to believe it might be an issue (otherwise why would they bother)

Can anyone with an AX stock use it "wrong handed" and see if that knob gets in the way?

You’re way overthinking this. I have a LH AX, and the buttstock is mirrored from what the RH buttstock looks like. But I’ve shot it right handed and my RH friends have shot it. The knobs aren’t going to get in the way, it doesn’t matter what side they’re on, and they aren’t reversible.

If you want the AX buttstock on your LH AT, just buy the one that’s offered. If you want the stock to fold on the non-bolt side, install it as-is. If you want it to fold over the bolt, you’ll have to debond the hinge from the buttstock and flip it to change the folding direction.

My guess is you’re going to be close. My stock is bottomed out. I have the short rail and run the short AI 0 MOA Picatinny Mount

Reactions: JFComfort
Seriously we need to check out the new LSR rear but stock an see if it goes lower. It certainly looks lower from the shot show photos.

It will suit the AT far better.

Seriously we need to check out the new LSR rear but stock an see if it goes lower. It certainly looks lower from the shot show photos.

It will suit the AT far better.

I’m finalizing the design of a replacement cheekpiece for the AX that will go about 3/8” lower than the factory one. It’s a direct bolt-on accessory. Should help all you guys (myself included) that need a slightly lower cheekpiece when the AX buttstock is on the AT.

My guess is you’re going to be close. My stock is bottomed out. I have the short rail and run the short AI 0 MOA Picatinny Mount

Fingers crossed, hopefully I’ll get a tracking # Monday.

Reactions: Luvman
Conversion kit is set to be delivered Monday. ?

Absolutely. I have my fingers crossed the adj. comb will be low enough for the rings I have the scope mounted in.

Absolutely. I have my fingers crossed the adj. comb will be low enough for the rings I have the scope mounted in.

I think you’ll be ok. Your cheek piece appears to be higher than I had mine set. The AX stock has a flat instead of a radius like your current stock.

The storms are interfering with my rifle project! Delivery now set for Tuesday.