• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

What's everyone's thoughts on the AT-X? I can preorder one here in Canada to show up next year, but I'm on the fence because I have an AI AT already. What would the benefits be of the AT-X over an AT?
I have an AI-AT, and ordered an AT-X. The way that it handles recoil is quite unique. The lowered center of gravity of the barreled action in the AT-X is a marked improvement over the top heavy AI-AT IMHO.

What's everyone's thoughts on the AT-X? I can preorder one here in Canada to show up next year, but I'm on the fence because I have an AI AT already. What would the benefits be of the AT-X over an AT?
For me. I have huge hands (like Shak O’Neil huge) and I want a more adjustable grip like the MDT Premiere to be able to have my trigger finger at the most comfortable position. I couldn’t shoot my AI as well as my DTA because of the position of my trigger finger.
I also want the integrated full length arca all the way back to the magwell because I mostly shoot off tripod and bags I want a long flat forend, I feel the AI AT rides too high.
All that and a decent 1.5lbs 2 stage trigger.

Or you could just wait for the stand alone chassis to be released iirm and debond your at

Reactions: BurtGummer
Or you could just wait for the stand alone chassis to be released iirm and debond your at
That's a very good point.

I've got two kids, so getting a second AI is probably a good investment to make sure they're not fighting over the one, when I kick the bucket. :D

At least, that's how I justified it to the wife. "But it's for the children!". LOL!

That's a very good point.

I've got two kids, so getting a second AI is probably a good investment to make sure they're not fighting over the one, when I kick the bucket. :D

They was assuming you already had 3-4 🤣....and the chassis is eventually made available as a standalone purchase

• Haha
Reactions: MarinePMI
I think I'll Pre order one, I already have a tripod set up with arca head so that full length rail will be very nice. They are a great price, my only complaint would be the weight, I wish they made them lighter so a guy could just add weight if needed

Also if you get the AT-X in 6.5 CM ... how hard would it be to go to 6.5 PRC ? Will AI release conversion kit or should we just wait for the PRC ?

Also if you get the AT-X in 6.5 CM ... how hard would it be to go to 6.5 PRC ? Will AI release conversion kit or should we just wait for the PRC ?
It will just be a barrel, bolt and mag change. Pretty good rumor says the PRC bolts are close.

well, closer than a 223 bolt hahahahhaa

It would be pretty cool if it could make F/TR weight with a 30" medium palma 308 barrel, rear bag rider, SEB Joy Pod, and appropriate scope.

Reactions: PlinkIt
Are axsr folding butt stocks available?

We've seen pics of AT-Xs with it, but I can't find a source.

Are axsr folding butt stocks available?

We've seen pics of AT-Xs with it, but I can't find a source.

Not yet I don’t think.
We pulled apart a black AICS AXSR chassis to get parts off it for a while.

Does any one know what the bore height is from the bottom of the forearm to the center of the bore on the ATX?

Does any one know what the bore height is from the bottom of the forearm to the center of the bore on the ATX?

3C0C80BF-7A13-410F-90EC-54EFB627E989.jpeg

Measurements are approximate of course...

I’m sure it’s in this thread somewhere but have they said what the price of the AICS ATX chassis will be?

Does anyone know how long the internal weights are and/or how many will fit along the forearm?

So if you order an AT-X today from EO or MH... approximately how long is the wait ? Trying to figure out if I should import or wait till my dealer gets them in 2022.

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
So if you order an AT-X today from EO or MH... approximately how long is the wait ? Trying to figure out if I should import or wait till my dealer gets them in 2022.
Call them both. If you are good with red or fde, they might have a few extra available.

If you have some patience, just wait until someone gets theirs and realizes they overextended themselves and wants to dump it. Bound to happen
Yeah seems like there way behind. Sounds like I'll be shooting my DTA this fall and winter ... but I'll keep an eye open for a new used one on the marketplace and/or wait till they hit my dealer somewhere Q2 2022.

Anyone wants to trades theirs for 40 lbs of varget or H4350 ? I'll even throw in some CCI 450s.

Sooooo ... FDE or Elite Sand ?

Don't see any spec on the torque for the keyslot weights, don't want to see is of these flying off.

What are you all tightening to, hand tight with some blue loctite?

Just hand tight with all my other keyslot accessories. I'd guess same for the weights.