• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Can folks that have an AT-X give their experience and recommendation on scope mount heights? I'm planning on setting up my AT-X with a full bridge and a Razor Gen 3 6-36x56. Would a 1.50" or 1.26" mount height be preferred? I'm not using a forward rail or clip-on.

Thanks.
1.46” or higher.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
My ES from euro just shipped. I asked them to ask AI to see how long until the Gen 3 with thumb wheel adjustable stock came in and the response from AI was “no ETA”. So I’d imagine based on the past 6 months that means likely q4 of this year. Realized I’d realistically never change LOP and maybe only change my cheek piece when I change barrels/scopes and have tools anyway. Not to mention the 2 higher torque screws are probably much more secure than a single thumb wheel anyway. My thumb wheels on my MDT come loose all the time after shooting a lot and traveling.

6B97D5C7-9B9F-4BD4-9B2E-8EBA809527C5.jpeg

Did anyone else get the hinge? Did you figure out how to install the catch?

Did anyone else get the hinge? Did you figure out how to install the catch?
Is there a bolt hole on the end opposite the locking nipple? On the AXSR stock that piece looks a bit different but it bolts through the hole on the stock. I'd guess with a shorter bolt the AT-X part might install in a similar method.

Is there a bolt hole on the end opposite the locking nipple? On the AXSR stock that piece looks a bit different but it bolts through the hole on the stock. I'd guess with a shorter bolt the AT-X part might install in a similar method.
There is a hole but it is smaller than the nipple part. I cannot see any way to put the one in the other.

I was trying to keep that on the DL man!
Might as well pick up a TAB gear bullet binder while youre at it tho...I haven't seen one in USA for a long time.
Haha sorry. I’m in Australia so we literally have nothing on offer when it comes to AI’s. That place is my go to now. Easy to deal with!

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
What bag rider is on there?
It's a simple 3D printed one, designed by myself.

Also what do you mean by UK rifle? Are some AI's built in UK and some in New Hampshire?
AI is an UK company founded in 1978 and located in Porthsmouth. They later expanded to the US market. So yes, there are US manufactured rifles for the US market. And UK manufactured rifles, for the non US market.

As I got some requests regarding the bag rider.
I will not sell it because of the reason that I’m living in Austria and shipping this simple plastic part over the Atlantic worth maybe 5 bucks doesn’t make sense.

Nevertheless I’ve attached the 3mf file of the bag rider, so everyone who is interested and has access to a 3D printer can print it on its own.

For mounting it on the rifle you will need two M4x25mm socket cap head screws and two M4 nuts.

Attachments

• Bag Rider.zip
    168.1 KB · Views: 120
It's intentional on AI's part. No idea why AI chose to do it that way. It's the only rifle that is reversed.
Thanks for the explanation, I haven't received my hinge kit yet. I guess I'm used to seeing it the other way, it immediately jumped out as odd looking.

Trying to find some pics on my phone... that AE might have been one of my ATs... hard making it out lined up in a safe. :)

Well, my AT-X delivered today and I was a little surprised to see the barrel off center in the chassis. I’m having a couple barrels Reamed for 6 Dasher but before I change anything, can anyone tell me is this is normal?

Attachments

• 0DAC869B-A94A-4667-97DB-8F861AB1B5F9.jpeg
    0DAC869B-A94A-4667-97DB-8F861AB1B5F9.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 4CF50191-F51B-4FD3-A507-78DE4A64BA42.jpeg
    4CF50191-F51B-4FD3-A507-78DE4A64BA42.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 239
Well, my AT-X delivered today and I was a little surprised to see the barrel off center in the chassis. I’m having a couple barrels Reamed for 6 Dasher but before I change anything, can anyone tell me is this is normal?
Not normal.

Just curious, who'd you purchase it from? Wondering why it wasn't caught before it was delivered to you.

Thats a bummer man. Go backwards through this thread, there is a guy I think Tim??? who has something to do with AI - he should be able to help you get 'squared' away with that cuz thats nonsense for any new gun.

Reactions: Fruehling
Send that shit back. Unacceptable on a 1000 dollar rifle let alone a 5k dollar one. AI is really slipping on QC these days. I pick mine up in 2 weeks. Will post if I find any issues. So far it looks like these Gen 2s have had wobbly mags, off center barrels, feeding issues, anything else?

Thats a bummer man. Go backwards through this thread, there is a guy I think Tim??? who has something to do with AI - he should be able to help you get 'squared' away with that cuz thats nonsense for any new gun.
Appreciate that, Andrew! The rifles came from one one of the two US distribution arms for AI to my FFL. My FFL is amazing. His shop all PRS rifles/gear and he’s a competitive shooter himself. He caught the centering issue before I got there and brought it to my attention first thing. (Good dude!)

End of the story: He has seen this with other chassis systems and felt if we broke the gun all the way down and re torqued all the attach screws it might fix the issue. He was right. (As usual) We’re dead center now with the factory 6.5cm barrel and both Dasher barrels.

For a new shooter like me, this kind of support and care from an FFL is invaluable. …not to mention the shooting clinics he puts on to bring new people to the sport.

Is it OK to name him here? He’s got my business forever.

Attachments

• 52B3736C-B53C-4BCE-9E60-1976561E7062.jpeg
    52B3736C-B53C-4BCE-9E60-1976561E7062.jpeg
    786.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 9CDD5243-1221-4A10-9212-8C4A068C6A1D.jpeg
    9CDD5243-1221-4A10-9212-8C4A068C6A1D.jpeg
    973.2 KB · Views: 173
We all love Troy. He'll always take care of you. When I looked at your rifle there wasn't a barrel in it so we didn't catch it.
Appreciate that, Andrew! The rifles came from one one of the two US distribution arms for AI to my FFL. My FFL is amazing. His shop all PRS rifles/gear and he’s a competitive shooter himself. He caught the centering issue before I got there and brought it to my attention first thing. (Good dude!)

End of the story: He has seen this with other chassis systems and felt if we broke the gun all the way down and re torqued all the attach screws it might fix the issue. He was right. (As usual) We’re dead center now with the factory 6.5cm barrel and both Dasher barrels.

For a new shooter like me, this kind of support and care from an FFL is invaluable. …not to mention the shooting clinics he puts on to bring new people to the sport.

Is it OK to name him here? He’s got my business forever.

Reactions: Fruehling
Does anyone have instructions on taking the nipple assembly for the hinge apart?

Here is a lousy picture of my ES minus suppressor and awaiting nipple install.

View attachment 7868769

Male end goes between bottom metal and action block area where your flush cup assembly is currently.

Female end goes in the empty hole in the butt.

Use appropriate parts from the flush cup assembly needed to secure the female end.

Male end goes between bottom metal and action block area where your flush cup assembly is currently.

Female end goes in the empty hole in the butt.

Use appropriate parts from the flush cup assembly needed to secure the female end.
That's what I figured but mine doesn't want to come apart- male and female came put together and don't want to separate from each other.

I knew I should have taken a photo of it before I went to work and posted. I'll post tonight. Thanks.

Does it look like this? Or are the two pieces plugged into one another?

Attachments

• 665B97A4-8664-41C1-90EF-91B81910668A.jpeg
    665B97A4-8664-41C1-90EF-91B81910668A.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 63
Like that. I assumed the peice on the right was a T=Bolt style assembly that unscrewed into 2 pieces. A male and female.

It doesn’t. That entire piece replaces the flush cup assembly above your trigger.

You’re not the first to ask. A drawing or video from AI would have been helpful.

Reactions: smarcus
Like that. I assumed the peice on the right was a T=Bolt style assembly that unscrewed into 2 pieces. A male and female.

It doesn’t. That entire piece replaces the flush cup assembly above your trigger.

You’re not the first to ask. A drawing or video from AI would have been helpful.
Thanks! I should have figured that out. I thought it came apart and went into the stock and then the female flush cup went in the frame above the trigger. I was focused on that and didn't think it was the other way around. Makes sense and thanks again.

Thanks! I should have figured that out. I thought it came apart and went into the stock and then the female flush cup went in the frame above the trigger. I was focused on that and didn't think it was the other way around. Makes sense and thanks again.

And I believe you take the flush cup part of the assembly and the bolt and use that to secure the female end of the lock on the butt in that empty hole.

I’m sure some others can confirm. I’ve just been helping several remotely that have gotten their hinges and weren’t sure without instructions being included. I’m still waiting for my hinge.

Reactions: smarcus
And I believe you take the flush cup part of the assembly and the bolt and use that to secure the female end of the lock on the butt in that empty hole.

I’m sure some others can confirm. I’ve just been helping several remotely that have gotten their hinges and weren’t sure without instructions being included. I’m still waiting for my hinge.
I'm sure once I take the flush cup assembly/bolt above the trigger out it will be apparent what goes where. Hopefully your hinge comes soon.