• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

From one of the Quantico PRS matches.

IMG_0614.jpg

Can anyone tell me where to find the part to make the stock fold.. I looked on EuroOptic and MHS, but couldn't find anything. Anyone have any experience?

I feel bad for Tom here. Some of you guys are complaining and asking for rifles to show up as fast as possible. AI gets them out and rifles show up for many. A lot still are coming.

User feedback from this site and most of the same guys that have rifles wish there was some sort of thumb screw for comb and lop adjustment. AI is actually listening and implements a design change mid production to accommodate. That doesn't happen often so something that doesn't affect function or use of the rifle.

Now we get all these whiners that complain that the guns are now obsolete. Over some allen screws instead of thumb screws. People are changing orders, constant complaints, and wanting freebies from AI. What a mess. Guess next time AI should just say... you get what you get. No changes. We'll wait a few years and add thumb screws. Digging your own grave here I think guys. My .02.

I feel bad for Tom here. Some of you guys are complaining and asking for rifles to show up as fast as possible. AI gets them out and rifles show up for many. A lot still are coming.

User feedback from this site and most of the same guys that have rifles wish there was some sort of thumb screw for comb and lop adjustment. AI is actually listening and implements a design change mid production to accommodate. That doesn't happen often so something that doesn't affect function or use of the rifle.

Now we get all these whiners that complain that the guns are now obsolete. Over some allen screws instead of thumb screws. People are changing orders, constant complaints, and wanting freebies from AI. What a mess. Guess next time AI should just say... you get what you get. No changes. We'll wait a few years and add thumb screws. Digging your own grave here I think guys. My .02.
Precisely what I am thinking. This strongly discourages tweaking the product. I work in distribution in another field and we see this a lot from our brands. They avoid adjusting the product or do it under the hood without telling because of the inevitable forum whining such as this.

Reactions: 308pirate

Don’t think anyone said it’s obsolete. It’s just the equivalent of plopping down a wad of cash for a new 2022 vehicle and by the time you get it they released the 2023 with a couple new features or body style. Just natural consumer emotion. Doesn’t make the 2022 model any “lesser”, but if you knew up front they were releasing a new body style/features you liked and it would be a year until they caught up on production, don’t you think you just MIGHT consider waiting for the 2023 model or postponing your order?

I don’t think anyone is bashing AI for making improvements. They just wish they had them/didn’t have to pay a ton of money to get them. It’s fairly common for manufacturers, even in the firearms industry, to give upgrades/discounts away for free when small improvements are made. It helps promote early buying/adopting. Cash flow up front on any new product is very important especially when you’re talking millions of dollars.

Reactions: RRW
When I bought my 30CB9 years ago in mid October, the Ultra was announced that January, honestly it's just the nature of improving upon the product. Do I wish I had got an ultra? Yup. Was I irritated with Zac and Ray? Not in the slightest. But truthfully this is a little more trivial. We're talking thumb screws for added convenience, not a redesign the action or chassis.

When I bought my 30CB9 years ago in mid October, the Ultra was announced that January, honestly it's just the nature of improving upon the product. Do I wish I had got an ultra? Yup. Was I irritated with Zac and Ray? Not in the slightest. But truthfully this is a little more trivial. We're talking thumb screws for added convenience, not a redesign the action or chassis.
Totally agree the changes are very minor. If I didn’t have like 8 other rifles to shoot in the meantime I would get one as soon as I could, but personally I’m in no rush. I have a 30BA and they released the CB shortly thereafter haha. At least with a can you know for certain you’re getting into one hell of a long wait.

Reactions: 5RWill

I don't completely agree (or disagree) with this... Those same thumb screws were on the AX stock a decade ago, how they didn't end up on the AT-X originally is beyond me. Also, I feel like AI has taken the stance of 'ya get what ya get' for a long time now (.223 conversions come to mind but I'm sure their are other examples).

That being said, I have no dog in this fight. I'm perfectly happy with my AT in an Obsession chassis, so AI can do (or not do) whatever they like with the AT-X as far as I'm concerned... Not that anyone cares what I think, haha!

I don’t feel bad for AI.
this isn’t new technology, and to say they wanted to keep the price down is BS, we are not talking about a $300 gun here, an extra few hundred bucks wouldn’t of mattered to most AI buyers to get the gun that they are now calling Gen 3.

@tomirwin we appreciate the transparency and consistent improvements to the ATX system and production. I do have a couple questions as an early adopter of the ATX:

1.) Will the hinge be available only in black?

2.) When will the ASR rear end be available? Does the ASR rear end come with a hinge? Will the ASR rear end be available only in Dark Earth?

Thanks as always,
Branson

@tomirwin we appreciate the transparency and consistent improvements to the ATX system and production. I do have a couple questions as an early adopter of the ATX:

2.) When will the ASR rear end be available? Does the ASR rear end come with a hinge? Will the ASR rear end be available only in Dark Earth?

Thanks as always,
Branson
I second these questions. The thumb screws are really meaningless to me because I had wanted the ASR stock from the beginning. No point in ordering a hinge when it “should” be included with the ASR stock since I assume the stock will be as much if not a touch more than the AX upgrade.

Is there a separate chassis thread? The story with the tikka chassis is gone so can’t see it. Same as the at-x chassis? Crazy interested if so.

Reactions: sbernier123
Black only on hinge.

Thanks as always,
Branson

Being an early adopter here has its perks...while everyone else is complaining, I'm able to shoot today..although if freaking cold!! Not complaining one bit about the improvements AI is making, it's expected and welcomed. Love the rifle the way it is, Allen keys and all!!
IMG_3702.jpeg
IMG_3701.jpeg

Thanks as always,
Branson
The hinge for the AT-X is only available in black.
There will be an AXSR rear, with the hinge sold separately, later this year in the USA only. We have to review the costs before providing pricing to our distributors and I plan that you will be able to order at the start of April with deliveries in Q3/2022.
Our priority is rifle deliveries followed by AICS.
We will also offer the new thumbscrew rear for the AT-X in the same timeframe.
If we had waited for the thumbscrew AT-X rear, which is compatible between the rifle and AICS, the first AT-x rifles would not have started delivery until July 2022, one year after the first production AT-X’s started shipping.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

The hinge for the AT-X is only available in black.
There will be an AXSR rear, with the hinge sold separately, later this year in the USA only. We have to review the costs before providing pricing to our distributors and I plan that you will be able to order at the start of April with deliveries in Q3/2022.
Our priority is rifle deliveries followed by AICS.
We will also offer the new thumbscrew rear for the AT-X in the same timeframe.
If we had waited for the thumbscrew AT-X rear, which is compatible between the rifle and AICS, the first AT-x rifles would not have started delivery until July 2022, one year after the first production AT-X’s started shipping.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
So were thumbscrews implemented based on user feedback or wut?

I like your choice in gloves. My dad had those when I was growing up as part of his issue.
Thanks but that’s not me in the photo, some old bum kept hanging around trying to tell me how to shoot!! Gotta give him credit though, he’s the one who introduced me to AI rifles…..come to think about it, maybe he is a bum for costing me so much money!!

Spent yesterday morning configuring the rifle, adding and taking weights out, and dry firing. Finally settled on 2 internal and 2 external. You really need at least 2 external weights to help widen the stance on a bag and to help mitigate any horizontal movement when running the bolt. The external weight also serves as a thumb rest for the support hand. Rifle as configured weighs 20.6#

I had a couple hours this afternoon to do some barrel break in, confirm dope to 515 yards, and run a couple stages. First 5 shots provided a 3/8” group.

I had some doubts selling my AX to finance the ATX. The ATX did not disappoint; the low bore height, comp trigger, and grip made it a pleasure to shoot and maneuver.

BEC4287B-C518-463F-AD5C-28E0DC032F14.jpeg

9BD96332-EA88-4899-803E-65CD6B29720F.jpeg

0CD2D71B-CC7A-4E76-92ED-2A56A456B69E.jpeg

781B615C-1F67-490B-9A52-709CDB9BB41C.jpeg

95E33323-AEAA-43FA-857F-9E832AB54309.jpeg

Last edited:
Spent yesterday morning configuring the rifle, adding and taking weights out, and dry firing. Finally settled on 2 internal and 2 external. You really need at least 2 external weights to help widen the stance on a bag and to help mitigate any horizontal movement when running the bolt. The external weight also serves as a thumb rest for the support hand. Rifle as configured weighs 20.6#

I had a couple hours this afternoon to do some barrel break in, confirm dope to 515 yards, and run a couple stages. First 5 shots provided a 3/8” group.

I had some doubts selling my AX to finance the ATX. The ATX did not disappoint; the low bore height, comp trigger, and grip made it a pleasure to shoot and maneuver.

View attachment 7791864
View attachment 7791865
View attachment 7791866
View attachment 7791867
View attachment 7791868
What load did you use?

Shit I’m still waiting on external weights from Euro. They’ve been backordered since like November.

I just signed up for the in-stock notification on the hinge. Learned my lesson, lol.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Is there any reason to go with Win Tac weights over Sawtooth-Depenabilt weights?

I guess beyond cost and aesthetics, none really. $400 for 10x Sawtooth vs. almost $100 less for the WinTacs. I also already have the extendo fasteners for the WinTacs as well.

Is there any reason to go with Win Tac weights over Sawtooth-Depenabilt weights?
Win Tactical is and has been a supplier of machined chassis components to AI for 15 years. They supply nearly all of the AT-X chassis components supplied in the USA. They also chamber and thread AX and AT-X barrels.
The weights from Win Tactical were designed in conjunction with AI if that helps with your decision making.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

I switched to Sawtooth Dependabilt SideTrak weights because they're ever so slightly wider, has finger channels (over smooth Win Tac) and added modularity for whatever SideTrak accessories Matt releases in the future.

Question on the hinge. Installed, will it lengthen LOP by adding length? or does it replace something entirely?

Reactions: No_Call_Reengage
Now I'm questioning if I want the chassis in ES or FDE. First world problems lol is ES closer to Vortex's shadow gold or whatever my razor is?
Naw, it's more like a sand gray with a bluish hue.

View attachment 7791864
View attachment 7791865
View attachment 7791866
View attachment 7791867
View attachment 7791868
Honestly, I've been thinking of making some "weights" out of delrin. I don't want the extra weight, but do want the increased footprint...

View attachment 7791864
View attachment 7791865
View attachment 7791866
View attachment 7791867
View attachment 7791868
Consider yourself influenced. Looks great, dude!

Reactions: blbennett1288
Anyone able to put a QD sling adapter on the front rail yet? Trying to figure out that as well so I can figure out configuring the weights on the front end.

Shit I’m still waiting on external weights from Euro. They’ve been backordered since like November.

I just signed up for the in-stock notification on the hinge. Learned my lesson, lol.
Shit, I should have asked them about them when I called today. Waiting on the high action rail as well so it co-aligns with the NV rail.

Folks who bought the ATX might be a little upset, gen 2 is already defined and shipping this year ...

watch and weep .. i jumped in early .. should of learn my lessons by now any upgrade mechanism for early adapters ...

Last edited:
Folks who bought the ATX might be a little upset, gen 2 is already defined and shipping this year ...

watch and weep .. i jumped in early .. should of learn my lessons by now any upgrade mechanism for early adapters ...

This was previously discussed above. There’s no difference functionally between Gen 1 and 2. Gen 3 has a slight change to the buttstock added thumbscrews and single point adjustment. No other changes to chassis, barrel, action etc.

Reactions: No_Call_Reengage