• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes accuracy international Aw police

rubicon20032003

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2009
Coal run
I bought a old aw police in 308.It Came with 30mm and 1 inch dovetail mounts.But I want to mount a extra s&b pmii 5-25 on it.Any idea which 34mm Mount will work

Both AI and Spuhr make mounts for the AW dovetail. Check with Mile High and and Euro optic.

Just not sure which one will clear that scope

Objective OD of the S&B 5-25 is 2.44" / 62mm, you'll want the mount height to the center of the tube to be at least 1/2 of that dimension plus a little more for clearance and cant allowance.

That being said the AI #2970 28moa mount at 1.315" high should do the job and be inexpensive, and not have so much cant it puts the S&B 5-25 into the vignetting range at a 100y zero.

Last edited:
Objective OD of the S&B 5-25 is 2.44" / 62mm, you'll want the mount height to the center of the tube to be at least 1/2 of that dimension plus a little more for clearance and cant allowance.

That being said the AI #2970 28moa mount at 1.315" high should do the job and be inexpensive, and not have so much cant it puts the S&B 5-25 into the vignetting range at a 100y zero.

Thanks I wasn’t sure .Cause I read some need machines for that s&b

Crap, you're right... I remember that now. Some of the AI mounts don't clear the S&B turret box and need to have some material removed.

I think the 45 MOA mounts clear the S&B 5-25 without modification, but I don't like the 45 MOA mounts unless you really need all that elevation travel. Besides putting a lot of pressure on the erector spring at your zero distance, at a 100Y zero the scope will be dialed very near the lower elevation limit and the image will show vignetting. That bugs some people.

I'd call Mile High and ask, they'll know or can verify. Been many years since I messed with a factory AI scope mount.

The Spuhr dovetail mounts will clear the S&B 5-25 with no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: AIAW