• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Barrels

P3T3R

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2011
Kent, United Kingdom
Hi I've tried searching but struggling to find a definitive answer,

I'm looking at getting an AI AT but currently have an AE in 6.5x47. My question is would my 6.5 barrel fit the new AT, I think I remember reading somewhere that AE/AW/AT and AX (short action) barrels were all interchangeable.

Thanks for any help. Pete.

That depends if the tennon is an AE cut or an everything else cut. If you ordered a drop in barrel then most likely you have the fully threaded tennon, and yes it will work. A true AE barrel isn't threaded under the recoil lug so won't work on the others.

Here is how AI barrels work (excluding the AXMC which has a different tenon altogether).

AE - The barrel tenon has a non-threaded section where the recoil lug sits that is ~ 1/2" long and non-threaded. The AE can also use AX/AT/AW barrels.
AT/AX/AW - The barrels tenon is machined all they way to the barrels shoulder. They *cannot* use AE barrels.

Do you know who made your 6.5x47 barrel? The only barrels that I have ever seen made for the AE only are the factory barrels. All aftermarket that I have seen are cut to fit the AT/AX/AW as well as the AE.