• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Butt Spacer Kit

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
was looking at ad for an AI rifle, AI Maverick:41 specifically. It shows a Butt Stock spacer kit. My AI/AT came with the extra spacers but no longer length screws as illustrated. I spoke to my vendor and was told the extra length screws were a special order extra. Is the correct?Or am I missing something?

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Take one of your spare screws to Home Depot, Lowes or Ace. It's a common size (M5 maybe?). Whatever length is in your rifle, just buy pairs and +0.5" increments to cover the # of spacers you own.

It is frustrating. My AT came with spare screws that were the same length and shorter than the screws installed from the factory. Guess that would be nice if you dont plan to use any of the spacers then loose one.

I was not able to obtain proper fasteners from AINA, MH, or EO. The long "cut to length" screws I was sold by MH use a different size hex wrench than any other fastener on rifle and has a deep head.

Sourced a variety from Fastenall but it was more expensive than it had to be because they dont just sell them in pairs. They also have the deep head and use a larger hex wrench.

Shame on AI for making its customers go through this hassle.

Last edited:
It is frustrating. My AT came with spare screws that were the same length and shorter than the screws installed from the factory. Guess that would be nice if you dont plan to use any of the spacers then loose one.

I was not able to obtain proper fasteners from AINA, MH, or EO. The long "cut to length" screws I was sold by MH use a different size hex wrench than any other fastener on rifle and has a deep head.

Sourced a variety from Fastenall but it was more expensive than it had to be because they dont just sell them in pairs. They also have the deep head and use a larger hex wrench.

Shame on AI for making its customers go through this hassle.

AMEN!!! That is exactly what I was talking about. With taxes I paid $6,000+(Canadian dollars) for my rifle and to have this hassle seems incredible.

Yeah, drop a pile of cash on a high end rifle then are sent to home depot looking for screws to use the butt spacers that came with it.....

I ended up using the 75mm length screws and all of the spacers that came with the rifle.

All are M6-1.0

Rifle came with:

2x25mm
2x35mm
4x45mm

MH sent the long ones that are 100mm long, full threaded, and have a different head ($15 IIRC...).
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.smugmug.com\/photos\/i-gmsCVZM\/0\/8b567a2a\/M\/i-gmsCVZM-M.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.smugmug.com\/photos\/i-cwZdgBZ\/0\/baa263d2\/M\/i-cwZdgBZ-M.jpg"}[/IMG2]

This is what I bought from Fasten-all. All of them are partially threaded, have deep knurled heads, and use a 5mm hex wrench (vs the OEM 4mm).
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.smugmug.com\/photos\/i-gZMdSQD\/0\/4514b8b5\/M\/i-gZMdSQD-M.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.smugmug.com\/photos\/i-2kRmpsR\/0\/8d5dd30f\/M\/i-2kRmpsR-M.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Don't forget everyone who got the original with the the 2 inch tall rail, which resulted in another $100-150 for an aftermarket short rail. Then all the folk with the large firing pin who shoot 6.5x47. Also need short screws if you want to remove the spacer from cheek piece. Rifle also doesnt come with a pic rail so then you need to buy a spigot or rail piece. There's also lack of resale value. AT is def a love/hate rifle.