• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

accuracy international chassis benefits??

Re: accuracy international chassis benefits??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks - can one assume that an AI action is machined to fit the AI chassis better than typical Remington - and therefore, bedding is unneeded?

GA Precision offers the Templar action, which is probably better machined than Remington too. Do you think the gain would be noticeable on this set-up? I'm thinking about a project next year and would like to save some "$" if possible. I'm interested in any "before and after experience" concerning glass bedded AI chassis.
</div></div>

First off...there is ZERO comparison between the AI receiver and the 700 receiver, so best to not try to compare the two.

Second...the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Templar Action is not (repeat NOT) a 700 footprint action and therefore, it will NOT drop into an AICS</span></span>. If you want to get a Templar action into a chassis, you will have to incur some pretty extensive modifications to the chassis, including but not limited to milling out the recoil lug channel forward and adding material/building up the rear of the channel, as well as milling out/opening up the bolt handle notch/recess. There is a fair amount of machining work to be done to get the Templar to fit in the chassis. The good folks at GAP can better answer questions on this work and what all is involved including the machining and the costs. </div></div>

+1000

I have a Templar action I was going to throw into a 2.0, and if i didnt have access to a mill, it would have been bad news. Milled out the lug area an extra 1/4", and bedded behind the recoil lug. then the bolt knob hit the aluminim chassis (bolt comes back at an angle) and had to mill that out as well. Not a task to undertake if you dont have a mill and bedding material. Just finished last week and have yet to shoot to see if the accuracy held up. I sure hope it did.

Regards,
DT

Re: accuracy international chassis benefits??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Victor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No need to bed the AICS, just bolt on the action and go. That is what's great about them- you can change up the barreled action to suit your needs. If you start shooting comps with a stock .308 remy and you move up to a .260 custom action, simply unbolt the old one and bolt on the new.

</div></div>

And the Viperman speaketh. Viperskins for the AI are the only way to go.