• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Competition Trigger. How do you like it?

hollowoutadime

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
I'm thinking of buying one and would like to see some reviews by users of this trigger. I have two AT's and an AX with the AX set up more for bench shooting
a 6br - an accurate round that will showcase my inabilities as a shooter. If you have one are you using it and would you buy one again?
THanks!

I love mine. My main reason for getting it was because I prefer single stage triggers and the competition trigger was the only way to get that. Nevertheless, if you're going to use it for bench shooting you're going to love it. The stock trigger is great as it is, but some shooters prefer a lighter trigger pull that what's capable in the stock form. If you wish for a lighter pull than by all means get the comp trigger. I've been using mine without any issues.

Reactions: photorestore
I love mine. My main reason for getting it was because I prefer single stage triggers and the competition trigger was the only way to get that. Nevertheless, if you're going to use it for bench shooting you're going to love it. The stock trigger is great as it is, but some shooters prefer a lighter trigger pull that what's capable in the stock form. If you wish for a lighter pull than by all means get the comp trigger. I've been using mine without any issues.

Good input Mute, thank you. I'm going to order one.

Reactions: 19Scout77
I have a couple. One is running well set at single stage and 1lb.

The other is going back to be checked out. I bought it brand new and the only thing I adjusted was the first stage travel and the second stage weight. It ran perfect for 300 rnds and probably 1,000 dry fires.

Then it started “skipping” when it would cock. Then got to a point where it wouldn’t cock anymore.

Messed with the sear adjustments and was able to get it cocking when the bolt was run “normally.” But, if I just let the bolt lift(fully) and then close it, it won’t cock. And if I run the bolt slowly and put a lot of forward pressure on bolt to compress it all the way, it won’t cock.

When I adjust the sear where it isn’t able to be “trapped” then it won’t cock at all. When I can get it to cock normally, it will fail as described above.

I’m being told it’s sear adjustments by manufacturer, but I didn’t adjust the sears when I got it, and it failed.

So, it’s going back to be checked out. There’s about three or four other guys down here who have also had similar issues. I believe some sent them back and they fixed whatever the issue is.

I think the trigger feels great when adjusted properly, but I keep the factory trigger in my fix it sticks pouch just in case.

Reactions: alsation
I like mine. I have had it for a little bit. Maybe 400 rounds on it. I love the adjustability of this trigger. Break is very crisp and repeatable. I have mine set at 10oz first and 10oz second stage. Runs fantastic so far.

The comp trigger took my AI from being a great rifle to being the best rifle I own. I have it set at #.5 first stage and #1 second stage. Over 1,000 rounds on it and no issues. Would buy again in a heartbeat.

Took awhile to get it dialed in but I love it. Tried several different weight combinations and finally found "the one" last week i prefer the best. 1 lbs first stage solid wall .25 lbs second stage. It breaks better than my TT diamond. If you don't like screwing around with trigger sears I can see why guys are not a fan. Theres a balance game between the sear adjustments and pull weights that takes some understanding to get it really fine tuned. A stock ai trigger is bullet proof and obviously much simpler to adjust but your probably going to be limited to 2-2.5 lbs without any modifications in pull weight.

Seen a bunch pop up used lately so I would wait and snag one at a discount.

I was not a fan at all of the stock trigger; too long, too heavy, and too much over travel. Installed the comp trigger and absolutely love it. I have no clue what weight I have it set at as I just adjusted and adjusted until I had the weight and length I liked in the first stage and the weight and over travel I liked on the second stage.

DID I REALLY MADE A MISTAKE??? (i don't think i did) I see a lot of guys saying that i made a mistake buying a AXMC .300 WM .. They say that I paid too much money, rifle too heavy, not worth it and I should have had a custom build for about 3-4k...

Wtf are you talking about? The op asked about ai competition triggers

Looking to reduce the weight of the 2nd stage 2nd stage on my Comp trigger... is there a pdf/document for adjustment from AI (similar to the stock trigger)? The insert with the trigger labels the 2nd stage weight adjusting from the “top”... to lighten the 2nd stage... do I have to pull the trigger? (If you had a moment perhaps you could PM me a note)... thanks for the help!

Looking to reduce the weight of the 2nd stage 2nd stage on my Comp trigger... is there a pdf/document for adjustment from AI (similar to the stock trigger)? The insert with the trigger labels the 2nd stage weight adjusting from the “top”... to lighten the 2nd stage... do I have to pull the trigger? (If you had a moment perhaps you could PM me a note)... thanks for the help!

Yes you pull the trigger to modify the second stage pull weight. It says that in the ins too fyi lol

Reactions: Trek
I am looking for the same info. Did anyone answer or send you a pdf. I lost the instructions that came with the trigger

I am looking for the same info. Did anyone answer or send you a pdf. I lost the instructions that came with the trigger
Yes I have a copy of the instructions- but I won’t see my rifle until February- I’m sequestered outside the country... I’m sure Mike at Mile High would set you up with a copy... they’re great folks.

Last edited:
This thread got me thinking, why are there no other aftermarket options for AI triggers? Patents? Or something else I’m missing?

I bought it as soon as it was available. Used it for a while on my AT. I bought got an AXMC after the AT and could directly compare the competition and OEM triggers.

I like my original for a lot of reasons...I do shoot better with it...the comp trigger is in the AI parts drawer.

Reactions: deersniper
I must be the odd man out. I really like the comp trigger. No failures. I don’t have it set real low, just lower then the factory one.

In my experience the Comp trigger has worked well as a 2-stage, at 1.25# total. It's split evenly 10oz/10oz. I lot of the issues I've heard about have been single stage and sub-1#. Not that that is user error, as it is marketed as working with those settings, but it may be too far on the ragged edge to be consistent there.

If you shoot better with a 3.5# factory trigger off a barricade or cattle gate than you do with the comp trigger, you're a way better shooter than I am. It was a night and day improvement for me on positional shooting when I went from 3.5# down to 1.25#...no comparison whatsoever. Prone doesn't really matter, I can shoot either equally well, so I think it comes down to what your shooting style and discipline is.

I had one of the original AI-Comp triggers and never could fall in love with it.

I'm debating now that my AO chassis is being installed at RedBeard ordering another to give it a second shot.

Had mine on an AX for about a year, 2,500ish rounds and maybe 500 dry fires on it, no issues.

Never adjusted it, put on the flat trigger boot.

Much easier to shoot off barricades with the lighter first stage. I found the factory trigger a tad heavy. The comp trigger is very nice.