• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International muzzle brakes

thefitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
0901 .308 STANDARD MUZZLE BRAKE

1937 .308 TACTICAL MUZZLE BRAKE

Can someone please explain the difference between these two? Thanks

Re: Accuracy International muzzle brakes

Im pretty sure The standard brake is a single port brake seen on the AE and AW-P, while the tactical brake is a single port brake designed for the AI suppressor to thread over the top.

JJ

Thanks! Anyone confirm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">while the tactical brake is a single port brake designed for the AI suppressor to thread over the top.
</div></div>

Older "tactical brakes" have a single port but the newer ones have two ports.

Tactical Brake with two ports:
2a51324a.jpg

The black cylinder in the background is an AI sound suppressor.

The tactical brake is non applicable to us in the US as there is no suppressor that mates to it imported. You would be better served to get a SAS QD brake, that way you could attach a SAS can later on.

I bought an AE this spring and it had their new QD brake. I was told it was for one of their suppressors. Stacy sold it to me. Maybe he will chime in on this.

The 0901 muzzle brake will be the brake you see here, good picture:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2835939

The 1937 Tactical muzzle brake
IMUNScopy.jpg

The difference between the two is the threaded section on the front of the muzzle brake to attach the UK suppressor only and cost. Here in the US, these brakes are offered on certain models but as a base standard currently for all muzzle brake the SAS QD muzzle brake is being offered. Similar to the one pictured:
IMG_1941.jpg

I you have any questions or need assistance feel free to contact us for direct assistance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ MHSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 0901 muzzle brake will be the brake you see here, good picture:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2835939

The 1937 Tactical muzzle brake
IMUNScopy.jpg

The difference between the two is the threaded section on the front of the muzzle brake to attach the UK suppressor only and cost. Here in the US, these brakes are offered on certain models but as a base standard currently for all muzzle brake the SAS QD muzzle brake is being offered. Similar to the one pictured:
IMG_1941.jpg

I you have any questions or need assistance feel free to contact us for direct assistance. </div></div>

I called early this morning and asked about purchasing a AI brake because I want to install the AI emergency sights. I was told you don't carry AI brakes. But that they will check and see if they can get it for me. Have not heard back yet. Thanks