• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International scope mount

Re: Accuracy International scope mount

The AI scope mounts work very well with their rifles and are reasonable values. If you have an AI rifle with the dovetail receiver, you don't have a whole lot of other choices. You can get a Spuhr mount for the AI dovetail, but I'm not sure if anyone else makes one for the AI dovetail. If you have a Picatinny rail on your AI rifle, then you can go with any Pic rail rings or one piece mounts. For my AW with Pic rail, I went with the Spuhr mount. Sure it's expensive, but I figured the extra cost wasn't that much compared to the cost of the rifle.

I'm running the Picatinny 30 mm, 18 MOA mount on my AI AW .308 to hold an SS 5–20x50. It's not quick release like the LaRues on my AR-15s, but it holds in place real well. My only criticism would be that the clamp on the left side of the mount sits up higher than the base itself. This means that you can't come in from the left side with a set of feeler gauges to level the scope. You need to come in from the right side and work around your windage knob. Overall a solid base for the money.

Not the most high-speed low-drag coolest product on the market, but a solidly built part that works well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ukshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend shoots a Accuracy International,and told the scope mounts are airgun mounts.
Accurrcy scope mount

Airgun scopemount

But he said he's never had a problem with them.
</div></div>

That airgun mount is a two piece affair... AIs are one.

Other thing slight ring marks, they are about as solid as you'll get.

I'm pretty certain AI scope mounts are much more solid that Airgun mounts.

the 1" ring size would also give it away. AI may have reducers for the 30mm, but not 1" mounts.

I use my AI mounts on every rifle I can. I have one on my sako .22lr in dovetail. On my bighorn .260 and on my AE rifle. They are the perfect height for fulll length rail ARs as well. I used one on my LMT MWS and les baer monolith.

I also dont get ring marks using these mounts on my scopes as with rings either.

Cant say enough good about these mounts. Price is not bad either and they have built in cant.

The only issue is with bigger erector scopes ( S&B 5-25, premier and USO for sure) The mount will have to have a little bit of material machined off to use them, but mile high sells them already machined.

I had heard that there were some quality control issues on the AI mounts from SRT Supply that they had to reject 5 out of 10 they receive so i wasn't sure what to go with.

Ok guy don't shoot the messenger but.
SportMatch are a respected scope mount manufactures in England.
Most shooters in England associate SportsMatch with airgun mounts,most gun shops stock them.
Check out there web site and you can see a little flashing banner in the right hand corner.
Saying "As used buy the military",and a nice picture of an Accuracy International.
I've got a feeling SportMatch supply Accuracy Internaternal.

Sportsmatch web site

My friend was pretty pissed off, when he discovered,the SportMatch mounts are half the price of the AI mounts.

When I got my AI, I looked at the mount and figured it needed machining etc so got rid of it asap ! Went with a spuhr.

Accuracy international's accessories are really bad quality when they should be setting the industry standard.

Eg their bipod and rear monopod is rubbish, their suppressors are some alloy crap that looks homemade. Their biathalon sling I wouldn't trust with a school bag, looks Chinese even though it says made in UK

Luckily their rifles and muzzle brakes are good.

I would like to clarify that we make our own scope mounts, including those supplied to the British forces on all of their sniper rifles.
In addition we do not buy anything from China and with the exception of a few accessory items from the USA the only other country we buy from is Germany, barrels and scopes.
Everything else is made in the UK for sale outside the USA and in the USA we have machined components manufactured by a subcontractor in the USA for the assembly of AICS along with parts from our UK factory. In addition we buy some barrels from Bartlein, finished by Dave Tooley and then assemble and test those rifles at our facility in Fredericksburg, VA.
Veeramani, we strive for excellence and continue to improve all of our products, including accessories. Our main focus has been on improving processes to increase production, quality and give the best value for money to our customers. We have designed new rifles and will be focusing on accessories during the coming months. We value all customer feedback, good or bad
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Eg their bipod and rear monopod is rubbish

Not sure what is 'rubbish' about them. My only complaint with AI so far has been the *lack* of a monopod or monopod attachment point on the redesigned AICS. Now that I've used the AI bipod on an AW and AWM, I am a huge fan. It is especially appreciated on my 300WM AWM, where it allows the gun to rock back smoothly under recoil. The monopod is likewise heavy duty, very stable and quick to deploy. I've had a Harris S-LM, Atlas BT10 and an Atlas monopod, all of which are good products and lighter in weight, but on the AI rifle I prefer the AI bipod and integral monopod.

qe5e7u3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got my AI, I looked at the mount and figured it needed machining etc so got rid of it asap ! Went with a spuhr.

Accuracy international's accessories are really bad quality when they should be setting the industry standard.

Eg their bipod and rear monopod is rubbish, their suppressors are some alloy crap that looks homemade. Their biathalon sling I wouldn't trust with a school bag, looks Chinese even though it says made in UK

Luckily their rifles and muzzle brakes are good.

Can you give us some details about the bipod, rear monopod and suppressor. What was to your disliking. Were they all brand new items? or did you buy them second hand?
With the scope mounts, what part did you think needed machining, before you got rid of it?

The only issue is with bigger erector scopes ( S&B 5-25, premier and USO for sure) The mount will have to have a little bit of material machined off to use them, but mile high sells them already machined.

I haven't had any issues running my 30mm and 34mm US Optics scopes in the AI mounts for the AE. Are you talking about the AW dovetail mounts?

3zq9.jpg

I think he is referring to the S&B. You have to machine a tad bit of material to get them to fit. The USO's fit just fine.

While I consider the AI rifle/muzzle brake one of God's gifts to mankind, superb piece of gear. I'm hoping that they release a takedown AX which I will buy.

Here's a mini review of some of their accessories

THe factory scope mount doesn't have any markings on how many mils it has of inclination. To fit an S&B scope you need to machine a part of the mount ( unless I'm told its the 13 mil version). THe recoil pin at the bottom is just a piece of coiled sheetmetal which was bent in the rifle I bought( guy didn't know what he was doing with rifle, just bought it for the look).

The way that the rings clamp on the scope seems very old school and prone to crushing the scope tube and it can never be evenly tightened on both sides due to its design, I'm sure it will not hold zero after a long session with heavy loads.

At the end of it, I machined a drill bit and put it in before selling it to save the next guy some grief.

The Sphur mount makes the AI mount look like what it is an Airgun mount. My gunsmith and I were amazed that such a respectable company would put something like that out.

Their factory suppressor is made of aluminium and seems pretty low quality without numerous baffles. Comparing it to a Brugger & thommet one is like night & day. Even my military friend says they have problems with the factory suppressors that their AI's came with.

Their factory biathalon sling is so flimsy I wouldn't trust it to hold a school bag. I can't believe its made in England like the label says. The TAB sling is on another league.

IMHO, AI should be setting the industry standard when it comes to their rifles ( which they are) and the accessories (without which the rifle is a heavy club), or they should just suck it up and offer the best aftermarket accessories with their gear from vendors like SPUHR, TAB, Brugger & Thomet etc.

The bipod, is too floppy and can be a liability, the Accushot is much better. Their monopods is not rubberised at the business end like the accushot and is not well engineered.

In the end of the day, I reckon the problem is with AI being primarily a European company, where there are only a few hispec makers and its not a cut throat market like USA where there are a lot of manufacturers competing.

So often the foreign end user, puts up with it as they don't know that something better is out there.

Last edited:
Spuhr makes very very nice and rugged mounts but I think It very premature to consider RRS the same level as Spuhr or any top mounts out there in either.

Spuhr makes very very nice and rugged mounts but I think It very premature to consider RRS the same level as Spuhr or any top mounts out there in either.

Lowlight has been putting the RRS mounts through its paces and has run them pretty hard with no issue. There is NO question the attention to detail RRS makes is first class so I think They will be a very big contender in the scope mount department.

While I consider the AI rifle/muzzle brake one of God's gifts to mankind, superb piece of gear. I'm hoping that they release a takedown AX which I will buy.

Here's a mini review of some of their accessories

THe factory scope mount doesn't have any markings on how many mils it has of inclination. To fit an S&B scope you need to machine a part of the mount ( unless I'm told its the 13 mil version). THe recoil pin at the bottom is just a piece of coiled sheetmetal which was bent in the rifle I bought( guy didn't know what he was doing with rifle, just bought it for the look).

The way that the rings clamp on the scope seems very old school and prone to crushing the scope tube and it can never be evenly tightened on both sides due to its design, I'm sure it will not hold zero after a long session with heavy loads.

At the end of it, I machined a drill bit and put it in before selling it to save the next guy some grief.

The Sphur mount makes the AI mount look like what it is an Airgun mount. My gunsmith and I were amazed that such a respectable company would put something like that out.

Their factory suppressor is made of aluminium and seems pretty low quality without numerous baffles. Comparing it to a Brugger & thommet one is like night & day. Even my military friend says they have problems with the factory suppressors that their AI's came with.

Their factory biathalon sling is so flimsy I wouldn't trust it to hold a school bag. I can't believe its made in England like the label says. The TAB sling is on another league.

IMHO, AI should be setting the industry standard when it comes to their rifles ( which they are) and the accessories (without which the rifle is a heavy club), or they should just suck it up and offer the best aftermarket accessories with their gear from vendors like SPUHR, TAB, Brugger & Thomet etc.

The bipod, is too floppy and can be a liability, the Accushot is much better. Their monopods is not rubberised at the business end like the accushot and is not well engineered.

In the end of the day, I reckon the problem is with AI being primarily a European company, where there are only a few hispec makers and its not a cut throat market like USA where there are a lot of manufacturers competing.

So often the foreign end user, puts up with it as they don't know that something better is out there.

While their scope mount is not flashy, they work perfectly. I own several, and have naver had an issue. I just dont see any of the faults your describing. I owns Spuhr as well. They are nice, but cost more than double, so they better be.

edited: Sounds like the one you got was installed incorrectly, which damaged the roll pin. Not the fault of the mount, but the prior user.

Last edited:
My two favorite mounts are for cost the Nightforce mounts and for long range the Spuhr mounts with their built in level are nice.