• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

accuracy international

specopsbrooklyn

Master Chief
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2004
Freeport NY
what is the technical diffrences between the AIAE and the AIAW or AIAWP I seen the post on the mags what about the guns

Re: accuracy international

Best bet is to read any post by Stacey Blankenship (use search function) or just call him. He will not BS you.

In a nutshell there is no real difference in the AW,AWM and AWSM other than size and calibers. Think of it in terms of a long or short action.

AE and AW share many of the same features but the AE is a more "Budget" rifle. LOL cant beleive I used the word budget in describing an AI. Anyways the AE is geared more to LE and private use where the AW was designed for military use. Obviously there are LE and civies using the AW but that wasnt their target market.

Differences between the AE and AW.

-AE has a round action AW is square (round is cheaper to produce less machine work involed)

-AW is actualy bonded to the chasiss and the AE is aatched in a similar fashion to a 700 in an AICS

-AW has a three position safety mounted horizontal like a winchester and the AE's is vertical two position like a remington

-AW has an integral scope mount or can be fited with a perm attached pic rail. AE has a screwed on 0 MOA pic rail. I suggest ditching it in favor of a 20 MOA USO rail

-AW barrels are made by Border in Scotland and the AE uses a less expensive Walther.

In the end the AE design allowed a rather significant cost reduction over the AW while still retaining the features that people wanted.

It should be noted that AEs are now being offered with Bartlein barrels in a variety of configurations. To quote Stacey from a recent thread:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This year we introduced the complete "AE System", which now consist of more barrel options, calibers and suppressors. We are including the 6.5x47Lapua, 6.5 Creedmore, .243Win, .260 and .308 chamberings. Barrels will include 20" - 26", muzzle brake option, fluting options, did I mention they are "Bartlein barrels" chambered by Dave Tooley for AINA. So the AE has now developed into a more "user designed & friendly" weapon by request.</div></div>

As well as the butt spike will also be available. They made a bunch of AE's MK1 and MK2 how long do you suppose it will be before current inventory is depleated and the Bartlein barreled versions are on the shelf? Think Tac Pro still has MK 1's in stock.

Yeap, we are working on posting all the new barrel offerings ASAP on the site for all to review. At current, there are only a few AE MKI's left new to sold, I am not sure if Tac-Pro has any or not. I know MHSA will have new ones, SRT may as well and possibly a couple of demo's (Jonathan thats a hint, he he). The current AE's all come with LW barrels, and honestly as many will state, the gun will shoot as good as the shooter can drive it and better in some cases. If you have any questions on the rifles, feel free to contact me for any assistance.