• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Accuracy of sub-sonic loads

Jeff in TX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2004
McKinney, TX
For those of you shooting sub-sonic ammo out of your suppressed .308's how many of you are getting sub MOA accuracy? The reason I ask, I've tried sub-sonic ammo out of my suppressed .308 and basically I was happy putting 5 rounds into a 4" circle at 100 yards. This was about the absolute best we could get out the five guns shootings. Since these are sub-sonic loads I'm not sure how you could squeeze sub-moa groups at 100 yards. I have someone telling me they're getting .5 to .7 consist moa groups. Not saying it can't be done, I'd just like to know if anyone is achieving this.

Thanks everyone!

I get about 2MOA with S&B 200gr subs. If I could ever find any TrailBoss, I'd reload my own and see if I could do better.

I am getting right at 1 MOA at 100 yds. using 10.4 gr. Trailboss behind a 170 or 180 gr. RN bullet. 1:12 twist 20" .308. velocity is 1040 FPS.

I've been shooting Southwest Ammunitions 175 gr. subs out of my 1 in 11.25 bartlein barrel. Groups are very close to 1 MOA at 100 yards.

If I can wring subsonic, sub moa out of an FNLAR, well then, no excuses! Build your own or chase your tail.

Last edited: