• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy of Tikka T3X Factory Fluted Barrels

I just got a new T3X Veil K2… so far it shoots great. This was my best 10 round group of the day at 100 yards. Shot about 60 rounds total out to 510y. It seems to shoots as well as my other Tikka SuperLites, maybe slightly better but it’s too soon to tell. The Veil does have a slightly thicker profile
14F9C84D-0801-4314-999E-8C2A67D34777.jpeg

Veil Alpine 300 WM
2/4 groups were under 1/2” at 100 yards. Others were about 3/4-7/8 during load testing
D4D5876E-4A1D-4225-B6E3-03C0F1F8246E.jpeg
89038E90-9E49-4A75-8DB4-D32F0F174151.jpeg

Reactions: J-Roger
Very nice groups. I‘m getting ready to order a Roughtech or Veil in a 308. I was a bit concerned about a fluted barrel. Many folks state that fluting doesn’t seem to affect accuracy, good or bad, but there are some who state "maybe good" and some who state " maybe bad" …..hopefully the responses to this post will put my mind to rest.
Thank you.

Reactions: J-Roger
Very nice groups. I‘m getting ready to order a Roughtech or Veil in a 308. I was a bit concerned about a fluted barrel. Many folks state that fluting doesn’t seem to affect accuracy, good or bad, but there are some who state "maybe good" and some who state " maybe bad" …..hopefully the responses to this post will put my mind to rest.
Thank you.
The groups I posted are from a 308. I don’t think you have anything to worry about with flutes. My other fluted Tikkas (223 and a 6.5CM) are also really accurate.

Here's my two 10 shot groups at 600 yards. I shot the top one first and the bottom one second after giving it 2 mils left. I actually suck at shooting to so I think it's a good rifle. This is the roughtech in 308 shooting the noslet custom competition bullets with varget, can't remember the load right now but I didn't do any fancy loading meaning, no neck turning, no mandrel stuff, no annealing
20211117_142042.jpg

Can't go wrong with the SuperLite (at a much lower price than the models you listed). My buddy has one and it shoots great for how light it is with minimal load workup.